[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Breeding Journal: Pterapogon Kauderni (Banggai Cardinal)

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    FlynnFish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    shanny
    Awards MBI Apprentice - Award nomination from bigbill accepted. Photo of the Month MBI Participant

I grabbed Buba and opened his mouth with a skewer and three more babies popped out. I checked again and Buba spit a mouth full of water at me to let me know he didn't have anymore. The grand total of number of fish is 21.
    Last edited by FlynnFish; 08-30-2011 at 08:05 AM. Reason: I can't spell
    I need to attend a Fish Breeders Anonymous class.
    mbi sigaspx?uflynnfish&ampimg2 - Breeding Journal: Pterapogon Kauderni (Banggai Cardinal)

First Name
    shanny
    Awards MBI Apprentice - Award nomination from bigbill accepted. Photo of the Month MBI Participant

Banggai babies are doing great, I lost 4 of them for reasons unkown. But the rest are growing strong. They are on a diet of Baby brine shrimp and Top Dressed Otohime B1.
    mbi sigaspx?uflynnfish&ampimg2 - Breeding Journal: Pterapogon Kauderni (Banggai Cardinal)

First Name
    shanny

Banggai's are 60 days post settlement today!!!!

IMG 3228 - Breeding Journal: Pterapogon Kauderni (Banggai Cardinal)
    Last edited by FlynnFish; 08-31-2011 at 06:21 AM.

First Name
    shanny

Back, I believe, in August I lost the male Cardinal for reasons unkown. I still have two of the babies. My Husband surprised me with a new pair On September 19th and 4 days later the female died. The male wasn't eating I left him be for a week thinking he may be holding eggs, who knows. I checked his mouth nothing inside. Still wouldn't eat a week later. Hmmm. So last week I brought home another 4 banggais, all juveniles. I have them seperated at the time being. For the first few days they didn't eat. I tried brine, i tried rods frozen food, I tried flakes, and I tried pellets. Nothin'. On Sunday I was cleaning out my filter sock and was going to toss the Amphipods back into the sump but I tossed them in with the new banggais, they ate them faster than they could swim to the bottom of the tank! I quickly ran to the freezer and grabbed the brine shrimp. Two of the new ones ate the Brine! Yes progress!! The next day I fed more Amphipods and some Rods Food mixed with Blood Worms. My two babies that only ate copepods were eating the rods mixture, and all of the new banggais were now eating! Whoo hoo!! I fed the one large male banggai some Brine. Not interested. I tried to feed mysis, ate a little bit But raised his nose at the rest. Yesterday I fed them all the Rods Mixture and some Brine and they all ate for me. YAY!!!! One of the new ones will eat out of my fingers!
    So i'm hoping they will all continue to eat well and grow quickly, so I can start pairing them up and see what I have to work with. I just got so dissapointed with loosing the first pair and then one off my second pair. But now things are looking brighter!

First Name
    shanny

I lost one of the new banggais and one of my babies. but 4 out of the 5 are eating frozen foods. one is still really picky about what it eats. other than that everything is still looking good.

First Name
    shanny

a pair has formed.
    2011 12 01094643 - Breeding Journal: Pterapogon Kauderni (Banggai Cardinal)
    I will start a new breeding thread on the new pair soon.

First Name
    shanny

Thread moved to MBI site- you can view it here
    Breeding Journal, Species: Pterapogon Kauderni

First Name
    shanny

WE HAVE EGGS!!! you can view the thread through the link in the above post

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2