[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

CR is proud to be part of MBI!!!

Bookmark and Share
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Default CR is proud to be part of MBI!!!

As part of CR's continued commitment to add tools that reef keepers can use and a commitment to a sustainable hobby, I am pleased to announce that CR is now participating in the MBI (Marine Breeding Initiative). MBI is a standardized Breeder's Award Program developed by one of our local clubs, Marine Aquarium Society of Michigan. MASM worked with leading marine breeding experts such as Matt Pedersen and Matt Wittenrich to design MBI.

MBI offers the motivation of friendly competition, an incentive structure through bragging rights, and a road map for hobbyists, clubs to enter the exciting and challenging activity of propagating marine ornamentals at home.

Anyone interested in captive breeding can easily search the MBI database to find information on species that are being worked with in a standardized format with additional information being available through the breeder's original journal entries.

Breeding Journals can now be created and maintained here on CR. Chad Penney of MASM has offered his services to help with the effort and is a moderator of the new Breeding Journal forum. I encourage members with an interest in breeding fish or other inverts to participate in this program...participation furthers our understanding of marine husbandry through sharing and corroboration with other hobbyists and marine professionals.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Captive Reefs will be following the MBI Award system. For those that participate with MBI and document your progress on CR, awards will be given that will display in your postbit (next to your name whenever you post).

For submitting a breeding log here on CR, members will receive the following award:
    mbi award1 - CR is proud to be part of MBI!!!

Corresponding to each level of success (see MBI awards) the award will be upgraded as follows...(these are just the beginning and ending awards...there are 10 levels in all):

mbi award2 - CR is proud to be part of MBI!!!
    One Spawning event
    One Hatching event

thru
    mbi award11 - CR is proud to be part of MBI!!!
    Total Breeding Successes: 15
    X Prizes: 1
    Class A Success: 2
    Class B Success: 2
    Class C Success: 2
    Class D Success: 1
    Invertebrate Successes: 2
    Vertebrate Successes: 2
    Last edited by jimsflies; 08-08-2010 at 01:25 PM.

demonclownfish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Chatbox Menace

Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

seems super cool jim. i hope to see a ton of participants!

fishtal - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tal
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

Welcome to the MBI! This is an exciting program and we're happy to have more people involved. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask.
    Save a fish, Breed your own!
    www.fishtalpropagations.com

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

CaptiveReefs now bears the official MBI site logo!

mbi seal officialashx?keygmbcFvrAZQhegDCEJFM22Tdna - CR is proud to be part of MBI!!!

We are proud to be an official site for MBI and fully support this effort which encourages captive breeding of marine species.

The MBI logo appears at the top of the Breeding Journal forum as well as the lower left side column on CR pages. This logo is generated dynamically and verifies we are a recognized site participating in the MBI.

FlynnFish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    shanny
    Awards MBI Apprentice - Award nomination from bigbill accepted. Photo of the Month MBI Participant

I need to attend a Fish Breeders Anonymous class.
    mbi sigaspx?uflynnfish&ampimg2 - CR is proud to be part of MBI!!!

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

and I'm doing the official CR woot woot!
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

bigbill - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bill
    Awards Grow Out King - 2011 Grow Out Contest Photo of the Month MBI Participant

woot finale
    I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
    Steve Irwin
    mbisite.org/mbi_sig.aspx?u=bigbill&img=2