[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

2 part Dosing Info

Bookmark and Share
    Pat-O - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Patrick

Default 2 part Dosing Info

I decided to pick up the Reef Fusion two part system today. I tested my water a week ago when a buddy gave me a couple frags and my number seemed pretty good. My calc was 460 and my kh alk was 179 -196. My question is should I dose everyday to two days like the directions say. Do I have to worry about raising my levels too much. I just want my corals to do well.

EMUreef - Reefkeeper
    IT Guru

Awards March Madness Award - 2013 March Madness Winner Photo of the Month Fishbowl Drawing Winner

what you should do is test daily to get a feel for how much your system uses.

than when you figure that out, than you can start dosing.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

I agree with Emureef-

Test daily at the same time of day, and post your results for 5 days, or more.

We will help you figure out if daily or every other day dosing is best, as well as how much to dose, of each, alk/calk.

Looking forward to seeing you do this, and do it right from the start.

Pat-O - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Patrick

Since i got the chems I have only dosed one time a very small dose. Yet my calc test keep never turning to its final color stayy pink the whole way through to the highest amount of drops listed. Does this mean my calc leves are super high it doesnt change to blue after my first drop so i dont think they are too low. I got a good calc reading a couple weeks ago before I even went out and got my dosing chems.My alk is at right about 179. I would just like my level to be safe and get rid of this green algae I cant get rid of.

On a side note my reef octopus bh-1000 finally came in had trouble setting up lat night came with on a two page set of of what they call directions. Which was actualy just a diagram of the whole thing and all the parts not direction on how to put together and four lines for set up which were very non descriptive and confusing so I called them today and they walked me through it they said that it could take weeks to start pulling but once i got it running it already started and is working great. I would recommend to anyone who need a hob skimmer as long as they are patient and dont mind calling and asking for help.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Are u using API tests Pat? If so after about 19 drops it should start to turn blue. If not then it's either a bad test kit or your ca is off the charts.

As for the algae, don't give up!! I battled with HA for 6-7 months. I won! You will too Use ro/di water if possible, keep up on the water changes, feed sparingly, you got a skimmer yahoo!!! All your hard work will pay off. Just don't go overboard or do anything drastic trying to get rid of it. Without nutrients, po4 it will eventually starve itself out
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Coralvue usually has great customer service. If you are having trouble with the skimmer ask for Jeremy. Best of luck to you on the hair algae.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!