[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

2 part dosing question

Bookmark and Share
    jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default 2 part dosing question

looking to see how much you dose of each the mag, alk, and calcium daily to your tank. i used to calculator but it just seems like a lot for my little tank, says to use 8 oz of alkalinity to raise my dkh 2 in my 30g volume. i know i spread that out but over a week at roughly an ounce per day that even seems like to much so i was just wondering if i could get multiple people to post what is your exact daily dose.

Thank You!

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

no one?

also i know you cant mix all in the ATO at one time but could i just put my mag in the ATO and just dose the alk and calcium?

tankdude - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dean

Justin is the stuff your using from BRS? I think the 8oz is allot, it is more than the measuring cup that came with my kit. I dose 40ml a day of calcuim and alk to keep my numbers where I want them, and I have a total of around 150 gallons of water. As far as the mag I have never tried to put in my top off water, I just dose a couple times a week and I haven't had any problems.

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by tankdude View Post
    Justin is the stuff your using from BRS? I think the 8oz is allot, it is more than the measuring cup that came with my kit. I dose 40ml a day of calcuim and alk to keep my numbers where I want them, and I have a total of around 150 gallons of water. As far as the mag I have never tried to put in my top off water, I just dose a couple times a week and I haven't had any problems.
    yeah well it just said i need to use 8oz to get it from 7 to 9 but of course you spread that out over a the course of a week or 2 that is why i thought man this has to be wrong ya know... i might try the mag in my ATO and see what happens. the past 2 days i have been putting just under 1/2 oz in my tank a day and i will test it bi-weekly and see where that gets me to see if i need to add more or lower the amount down.

Yes it is the BRS 2 part recipe 2 because my daily PH is usually 8.6 lately so i need to lower it with recipe 2.

tankdude - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dean

Let me know how the mag works in your ato, I would be willing to try it that way if it works for you.