[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Chemistry

Discussions about ammonia, alkalinity, calcium, low nutrient systems, nitrates, pH, trace elements, and other chemistry related topics.

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... Last
  1. Sticky Thread Water Parameter tracking tool!!!

Alright everyone! I don't know if anyone has one of these yet, but if you don't, I've got a TREAT for you! I've created an Excel spreadsheet that...
    Started by Iconz, 11-29-2006 03:23 PM
    4 Pages
    1 2 3 ... 4
  1. Nutrient Export

What do all algae (and cyano too) need to survive? Nutrients. What are nutrients? Ammonia/ammonium, nitrite, nitrate, phosphate and urea are the...
    Started by SantaMonicaHelp, 11-10-2021 06:20 PM
  2. Bio-chemistry for water cleaning

Hello! Are you looking for fish tank chemicals or fish tank cleaning supplies that will enhance the fish tank treatment? Let’s make your inhabitants...
    Started by Besederproducts, 07-03-2020 05:49 AM

Sub-Topic:

General Discussion
  3. HELP !!!!!!!!! Off the chart nitratess

Help I have done a few water changes but it's still off the chart....
    Started by lngliv3, 10-21-2016 01:16 PM

Sub-Topic:

General Discussion
  4. Seachem Reef buffer

Can a stock solution be made with the buffer? A few details of my tank, 65 L reef with mainly lps and only 2 fish. I've been using the Reef Buffer...
    Started by tonymacc, 03-27-2016 01:50 PM
  5. Parameters?

Am I just being a worrywart? My ALK/Ca/Mag/Ph have been so stable it's freaking me out. Testing day and or night. Readings are always the same....
    Started by MizTanks, 05-02-2015 10:53 PM
  6. Water Changes and In Between?

Do you dose anything beside 2part between water changes? How long do you go between water changes? Do you even do water changes? What do you consider...
    Started by MizTanks, 01-13-2015 12:14 PM

Sub-Topic:

Trace Elements
  7. Im lost of wat to do.

Ive had my tank for a year its always been nice n I moved it nothing died during the move but sence then my water is off ammonia has hit pretty high...
    Started by Ipyloves, 12-04-2014 02:01 PM
    3 Pages
    1 2 3
  8. Manual Dosing?

How long after dosing ALK do I need to wait before dosing Ca? Hours, minutes or what? :)
    Started by MizTanks, 11-07-2014 09:43 AM
  9. ammonia

Just out of curiosity, but what kind of an ammonia level would constitute a full blown cycle? Does the presence of any ammonia in an established...
    Started by frisbee, 12-01-2014 01:53 PM
  10. Very low ALK issue?

No idea why but my Alk is very low at 7.0 and my Ca is way high 480-500, PH is low also 7.5 and mag 1440. Using Reef Crystals. Not dosing anything....
    Started by MizTanks, 08-06-2014 10:07 AM
  11. Nitrates ARRRRG!

I have a reef tank. I just added my first fish, a valentini puffer. After having him in the tank for more than a week, the nitrates suddenly spiked...
    Started by Briol, 04-12-2014 03:23 PM
    2 Pages
    1 2
  12. At a loss

I have had the tank up and running for 6 months now and still can't get my nitrates below 25ppm. I purchased an ro di unit from brs and have done 2...
    Started by Rpalt1, 03-25-2014 06:45 PM

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... Last

Thread Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order threads in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Icon Legend

Contains unread posts
Contains no unread posts
Hot thread with unread posts
Hot thread with no unread posts
Thread is closed
You have posted in this thread