[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

FLOATERS!!! Help please!!!

Bookmark and Share
    jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

Default FLOATERS!!! Help please!!!

OK so my nano is comeing along fairly nice. I have two problems both with the water colum. First off I have little bits of food/stuff from LR/ whatever it is floating and can not get rid of it. I can't use sponges, see next problem.

Second is micro bubbles. I can't use sponges because they slow the flow too much and I downgraded from a rio 2500+ to a CA 1800. (Well it's an upgrade in quality just less flow). I have the ball valve to the fuge wide open but still have bubbles. If I down grade the pump again I am afraid that I will lose too much flow in the display.

Any one know of a good pump for me to use or have any suggestions for a small Diatom filter that I could run intermitantly to clear the floaties???

All help is appriciated,

Joe
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

Also suggested was a filter sock but the way I designed my sump was so that the overflow went into a corner that was boxeed in with two peices of glass so that the water had to flow under it to try to minimize bubbles.
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

hummer - Reefkeeper CR Member

mmmmmmmmmmm......i thinking jojo ... im going too send you some thing in the box thats comming too you .. it help my micro bubbles it may help you.
    :: hummer :nemo