[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

calcium reactors

Bookmark and Share

Default calcium reactors

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a 140gal reef ready oceanic(4'x2'x29")with two corner over flows each with 2 1" drains and 1 3/4". I have a 40gal oceanic sump. I am now shopping for a calcium reactor and have no clue on what brands are top quality. My plans are to have a fully stocked tank with sps & lps corals among other things. As far as fish just a few gobys. Some crabs and snails and some shrimp. I have found a few choices and was hoping someone with some experience could give me good advice. I am in Chillicothe and no one I know of even has a marine tank. So the choices I've looked at are the Corallin CA-1502, but my worries are the fact that it said that there was no need for a PH controller for the co2. The choices are Knop model CA, YD, SIVA. I was really wanting to use a controller for piece of mind. So any help would be greatly appreciated!! If you have any other brands please share your wisdom thanks Gozyk#ed_op#SPAN class=postbody#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

bjpembo - Reefkeeper Registered User

check out www.myreefcreations.com he has very good reviews and does excellent work. i have one of his smaller reactors and it works like a charm.
    BJ

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

If you want to go the cheap route, Reptoreef has a ultra cheap method of his DIY Ca Reactor made from a salt mix bucket and a power head or two I think... Take a look in the DIY forum.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Default Calcium Reactors.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would really preffer to buy from a manufacter. I know that the others are good Ijust try to buy the best so hopefully for the most of it I hope to buy it only once. I was looking at either the Korllin C-1502 Or a KNOP models(HD, C SIV) So if you have iinformation on those please help thans gozyk#ed_op#IMG src="http://www.captivereefing.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

sorry, don't have any info on the knop versions other than they are made/named after Daniel Knop, a well known german (i think) aquarist.

not sure if you checked out the mrc site or not, but don't get the wrong impression of him not being a manufacturer because he is, everything about his reactors and other reef equipment is professional. If your set on the knop brand i hope you can find someone that uses one, but no one that i know of does, very popular in europe though from what i gather.
    BJ

Default reactors

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When you say MRC site what exactly are you talking about.(GEO)??? Also have you heard muc about Korallin reactors#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

mrc is www.myreefcreations.com

dont know anything about or anyone that uses the korallin reactors either, same as with the knop, made in germany and popular in europe.
    BJ