[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

DI comparison test

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by AZDesertRat View Post
    The rubber deteriorates quickly with DI since it is trrying to pull the compounds out of the rubber to get back to its natural balance of ions.
    good thing it's feeding the di"s instead of the otherway !!

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Default jan 24 it begins

OK got the overnight package today.Two bags of spectra pure silica buster DI resign/So got to the ro test today.I did a complete change out.New sediment and both carbon block filters.Put silica buster in the dual cartridges on the ro and filled the 2.5# add on DI also.Tds out of well is 235, permate pump return to first dual DI's is 3 to 6 in and 0 out so the final is really reading 0 into the storage tank.So we will see
    start date 1/24/12 o ppm
    I will update as things progress,for a foot note: filter direct resign was only half used in the final and the sediment filter and carbon blocks looked very clean still for haveing been used for six months.I am only useing spectra pure's di resign in this test.
    Last edited by binford4000; 01-25-2012 at 01:24 AM.

First Name
    Manoj
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner Tank of the Month

cool..keep us updated..

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Default first bucket is filled

Ok so the first complete batch useing the silica buster is filled.I completly emptied the storage tank before starting this test.Same amount of time basicly maybee 1/2 hour faster but that's probably from the new sediment and carbon filters.Checked the fresh batch with hand held TDS meter and reads 0 just as the inline's indicated.50 gallons thru more to come....
    Last edited by binford4000; 01-26-2012 at 07:44 AM.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Default update

Ok got a few minuates so we'll update this review.It's been about three weeks now and the resign shows a slight color change already,No big deal tho still produceing 0tds out of the unit and the add on di"s show no sign of color change tho and of course we're still getting a final reading of 0.I would like to say that the resin does come in a good resealable foil bag.It is also the freshest resin I have yet to purchase to date.You do need to do alittle measuring because it comes in two diffrent mixes.A part one and part two with easy to understand directions.I have noticed tho that the tds creep is very low.Usually 3 to 5 tds.I wasn't really going thru the di resin to fast before so this test will most likely take a while.With the color change tho I am wondering if my previous resign was slower in showing indication tho.Water quality in the tanks has been good and evrything inclueding me seams happy with this stuff.I purchased two 5 liter bags and the amount you recieve is definetly a good saveings and as stated befor this stuff is stinky fresh !!
    Likes Sir Patrick liked this post

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

I love that stuff! it stinks but it works well.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2