[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Mb-7?

Bookmark and Share
    MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Mb-7?

I hear a lot of talk about it, what exactly is it?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

MB7 is a product from Brightwell. The actual name is Microbacter 7. It is a bacterial supplement to be used along with a carbon source to drive bacterial populations which in turn consume nutrients. In other words Pro Biotics.

1008 1 - Mb-7?
    facebook - Mb-7?
    Likes Heidi liked this post

Heidi - Reefkeeper
    Queen of Chat

First Name
    Heidi
    Awards Fishbowl Drawing Winner

tShRkCGiv8NiH0XB3d2XiBj5XaUB9GJF0xirmRBgA8M9WgjPLi9799Du1  l5f0hcUzlqO22qO5MeFJdvf401zHpLpCh9JQB8vvqriQ5EYXgGX v4eFxHg1B4xRV2IEDs4wdkI96SKzZNyt1auUC84nULVwf7WRLRFcuG53hw1qJ8A - Mb-7?

Its bacteria in a can

Lots of people add it when the dose with a carbon source. I don't know what else its used for maybe starting new systems??

tankdude - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dean

I think people use this when they dose with vodka.

True. Vodka is a carbon source as is vinegar and sugar. Brightwell also sells a carbon source under the name Reef Bio Fuel to be used in conjunction with MB7. Other probiotic programs include Zeovit and Prodibio. If you choose to use one of these methods it is imperative that you have an efficient protein skimmer. A. Because the skimmer will pull the "gut loaded" bacteria from your system and B. Because bacteria consumes oxygen and the skimmer will help to offset that consumption.
    Quote Originally Posted by tankdude View Post
    I think people use this when they dose with vodka.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

Thanks everyone guess I won't be needing that stuff-lol

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

It can also help cycle your tank. I started out with ceramic rock, a dry rock, and a couple small pieces of liverock from my old system. My tank cycled in about a week using the stuff.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie

That is what I wanted to use it for Jim. I've used Biozyme for FW for over 25yrs and it's always worked, awesome stuff! It's also made for SW.
    I thought I read somewhere that MB-7 could also be used for cycling new tanks.
    Since it seems to be so complicated to use, which I am totally for keeping it as simple as I can, I'll just stick with what I know, that has worked for me. Plus Biozyme is a lot cheaper-lol
    Last edited by MizTanks; 02-19-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

The saltwater biozyme did very little, if anything for me, on the start up of 3 different tanks, to cycle a saltwater tank. My cycle went just like it always has- 4 weeks, with or without the biozyme.