[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

microbactor 7

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    youngtimothy - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tim
    Awards Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Default microbactor 7

who dose's it and how? and any thing else you would like to say about it!
    I'm going to start dosing mb7 and am trying to decibe how according to the directions I can do it weekly or daily at least thats what I think its trying to say. I would like to dose weekly does anyone do this? I'm dosing 2ml's of vodka now. 100 gallon display

ETBReefer05 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Eric

I dosed 5ml for 14 days and now dose 3ml a day and have noticed a lot less nutrients. If you dose vodka on top of it, the results are tremendous.
    "You're gonna need a bigger boat..."-Roy Scheider as "Chief Brody" in "Jaws"

Ask 10 Reefers a question and you'll get 12 opinions in return.

---ETBReefer05

BriGuy31+ - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Brian
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

I'm also trying to fine tune the vodka/MB7 dosing. Both should be dosed daily? Equal parts? I am confused with the directions a the MB7 bottle.

Mike - Reefkeeper CR Member

I use it and will continue using it. Using the MB7 helps a lot. JUst watch the tank and if you notice water clouding up cut back.
    anacroporamademepoora
    --Lifetime member of the "No Mud Club".:

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Im thinking of going back to the Prodibio thing since daily dosing just is a PITA. Plus I noticed better results from the Prodibio plan than the MB7. Best part no measuring only dose once a week.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

youngtimothy - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Tim
    Awards Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post
    Im thinking of going back to the Prodibio thing since daily dosing just is a PITA. Plus I noticed better results from the Prodibio plan than the MB7. Best part no measuring only dose once a week.
    I would like to read more on this, I've not heard of this.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Search " bac driven" there is a pretty lengthy informative thread here on CR about the different methods.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

I have been using MB7 for well over a year now and I am very happy with the results. I feed tons and have fat, happy fish and colorful corals. Water clarity is comparable to running ozone. I would start with half of the start-up dose that Brightwell recommends. Do the start-up for 2 weeks and then start the maintenance dose along with a carbon source. (in my case vodka) I spend a whopping 30 seconds a day dosing so I don't think of it a a PITA. I would rather do daily dosing because it keeps me on a routine. I would read as much as possible prior to beginning probiotics. Once you understand how it works and get comfortable with it you can make any adjustments you may need simply by observing your tank.

CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post

With that thumbsup, I add several different bac sources, including Prodibio, Brightwell and ZEO on occasion.

BriGuy31+ - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Brian
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Which type of Prodibio do you guys use? Do you still dose vodka with this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last