[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

MY TANK HAS CYCLED!!!!

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Default MY TANK HAS CYCLED!!!!

The tank has finished cycling over night! Yesterday I checked the ammonia and nitrites and they were very near zero and near 1ppm respectively. Today they were both 0! What's really weird is that I checked nitrates about 3 days ago and it was almost 50ppm and today it was 2.5ppm. I didn't think nitrates would go lower without water changes. I tested all these and then re-tested because I thought I was in error. It was the same each test. Woo Hoo! :mrgreen: Only took about 2 weeks.....

So, should I go ahead and order one of those tank clean-up crews (snails and stuff)? And the macro for the fuge? Speaking of the fuge, should I also put turbo snails in there? What should NOT go in the fuge? Thanks guys! :mrgreen: :razz:

CR Member

I just noticed I put this in the maintenance section......duh :ooops:

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Nothing in the fuge, IMO. Well, macro is good, of course, but if you put critters that deplete the fuge of it's primary use, is it still a "refugium"? Trust me, there will be an amazing array of some quite different critters in no time if you just run your RDL(reverse day light) over the fuge and move at a slow, patient pace... the rewards will be astounding, guaranteed.
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying