[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

PH CONTROLLERS

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Default PH CONTROLLERS

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=postbody#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl#I was wondering when you use a PH controller with a calcium reactor I know that it will keep the PH in the reator right but can it also control the PH in the tank. Or do you need to buy two controllers one for the reactor and one for the tank. I'm just a little confused on that issue #ed_op#IMG alt="Rolling Eyes" src="http://corareef.org/forum/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif" border=0#ed_cl# If you can get one that controlls both what is a good brand. So any info on that would be great #ed_op#IMG alt=Exclamation src="http://corareef.org/forum/images/smiles/icon_exclaim.gif" border=0#ed_cl# THANKS #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#GOZYK#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

bjpembo - Reefkeeper Registered User

the ph controller reads the ph of the tank and turns the co2 on and off accordingly. on to lower the ph, off to raise it.
    BJ

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

...but, does not stop it if raised too high. I use a Milwuakee SMS 122 with no regrets.
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

Default PH CONTROLLER

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Even if you are using that controller for the calcium reactor. I know you want to keep the ph there 6.5 6.9. Can the controller control both?? THANKS GOZYK#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

a Ph controller's primary use is to control the calcium reactor to turn the co2 on and off based on the tanks Ph so the effluent from the reactor doesn't lower the tanks Ph too low. for example if you set the cut off point on the controller to 7.9 when the tanks Ph reached 7.9 it would cut the power to the solenoid that controls the CO2 injection. with the lack of CO2 entering the water the Ph would start to climb inside the reactor and eventually inside the tank, when the Ph rose above the 7.9 cut off it would allow the CO2 solenoid to come back on and continue injecting co2 into the reactor.
    BJ

Default PH CONTROLLER

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks that helps alot. So if you have it set so when the tanks ph raises to high it will kick the co2 on in the reactor. and if it gets to low it will shut off the co2 in the reactor. Does effect needing to keep the ph in the reactor below 6.9 so the media can desolve???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# THANS FOR THE REPLY GOZYK#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

if the Ph is above the cutoff, 7.9 in my example, the co2 would be on. the controller will only keep it from getting too low, not too high, but in theory if your using a reactor your Ph would never get too high.
    BJ

oh yea, the ph inside the reactor is a seperate setting from anything else. you set that so that your using the correct amount of co2 and not over disolving your media and making it mush, or not disolving it at all. the ph controller has nothing to do with that. the ph controller is to keep that 6.9 ph water from lowering the ph of your tank by cutting off the co2 which would raise the ph inside the reactor. of course that would stop the disolving of your media but it would also stop your ph from dropping to dangerous levels inside the tank. after the tanks ph climbs back up to a safe level the controller would let the reactor receive co2 and disolve media again.
    BJ

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was under the impression that co2 lowerd the ph. The controller doesnt work where it can kick on the co2 when it gets to high and kick off when it gets to low?? That was how I was explained how a co2 system worked. I forgot to mention that I am going to run a kalkreactor with a calcium reactor THANKS GOZYK#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So when the reactor stops disolving till the ph in the tank raises. That is'nt enough to effect your calcium does it. Plus when I buy a reactor and a co2 system and cotrollerit will explain how to hookup everything inconjuction with everything THANKS GOZYK#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last