[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

phosphate remover results

Bookmark and Share

Default phosphate remover results

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#after 6 days and two treatments of phos-buster pro,no difference noticed, iam at a lost, tank is in bad shape, need help, i will get som pics i did read about the carbonate hardness must be 3.5 or higher to use the product, is this where iam going wrong....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://www.captivereefing.com/album_showpage.php?pic_id=731"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

I know you've posted much of it before but scattered across mulitple threads, lets start new on this thread, how about a quick run down of your water parameters, at keast all that you can test for and we'll see if we can come up with something to help. Additionally what are your feeding schedules and what you are feeding, you water source and any addiatives you have or are using.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well lets see, sg 0.23,ph 8.2 temp 79 no3, 20, no2, 0, kh,180, feeding once a day marine flakes very very small amounts, 48 gal corner tank, 28# live rock,4 dams, 1 bandit shrimp, 3 turbo snails 13 blue leggs, 2 reef crabs, small group of shrooms,,every other dts added, and so far two 72 hour trements of phos-buster pro.. 130w pc lighting new, 65w10,000k65w actinic blue, h.o.t. skilter filter/skimmer and aseconnd skilter, 800gph pump, through a squid wave maker, with 4 points of water direction,3''ofcc#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

First thing is to determine whit is the sours of it Water is the #1 suspect
    feeding is another one, substrate sometimes can be one

If i was to use a remover id use ether RowaAphos or Kent phosphate sponge
    Thea or the most used ones i no of and have never hard of them doing
    anything bad to a tank.
    In both you will not get a overnight fix it takes time.
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://http://www.captivereefing.com/album_showpage.php?pic_id=731"#ed_cl#well i know that,a month ago,i did a 20galwaterchange, and put fresh back in, my fault,sg droped to almost 0, spent a week,two gal at a time to get sg back up, also replacedbulbs,then found out that my lfs may have sold me water from their tap,instead of ro,you can see a pic of my tank in the gallery under algae/marine plants...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Sounds like the best thing you can do for yourself is get a RODI unit so
    you no whit is in your water. Its the best investment you will make in this hobby

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#iam going to get one, but not shure on witch,the coralife two stage or three, i live in the city. and know someone with a two stage and he loves it....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Just make shore it has a RO and a DI filter on it

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well not much change, need help.... thinking of going to a dsb instead of cc at this point, but i still need to know what happend,,,,all was ok untill sudden drop of sg,my fault, corrected slowly, drop in ph, also corrected slowly,and the addition of fresh pc bulbs, tank was set up for 4 years....48gal corner tank, 25# live rock,3 dams,1 bandit shrimp,13 blue leggs, small group of shrooms, 1 small group of ster polps, temp 79,no3 20, no2,0, kh,180, ph,8.2 i have been using phos- buster pro....#ed_op#!-- / message --#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

The sudden drop in salinity after the waterchange is most likely the cause for your problems.IMO,1.022 is low for a reef tank,1.025-1.026 is idea.As well as doing waterchanges,it would be a good idea to get some good quality livesand(worms,critters,etc..) and some LR rubble so you can re-seed your tank.You can remove the crushed coral substrate during waterchanges if you want,there probably isn't much life in it anyways.1-2" mixed grain aragonite sand is best for a shallow sand-bed IMO.For a deep sand-bed,4"+ of a fine aragonite sand is idea.