[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

pinpoint pH

Bookmark and Share

Default pinpoint pH

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hi! i would like to inquire about pinpoint pH, what is it for?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Are you reffering to the PH tester?Its just an automatic PH tester that gives you an instant readout of your tanks PH.

yup i was refering to pH tester but in particular the pinpoint pH. because there are two different products i'm interested with. the pinpoint pH monitor master kit and the pinpoint pH controller probe. i'm not sure whats the difference between this two model.. also i have a sera pH test kit that uses color chart to determine the level of pH. what is more accurate the digital one or color chart? should i stay with my old test kit? thanks alot dave!

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

A digital meter will always be more accurate provided it is properly calibrated. I'd say it depends on your wants and needs, if you are going to be adding supplements or a calcium reactor that would effect the PH then it could be a very useful tool. Planning on adding a Pinpoint to our large display tank here shortly for just this reason. The color charts give you a good guess but that's about it.

Can you post a link or something about the products you are looking at? I believe one of them has a switched output to control devices like a CO2 regulator seleniods and such.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

I'm referring to American Marine Pinpoint monitors. what is CO2 regulator?

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

It looks like you are looking at the Msster Kit (similiar to http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewIt...product=AMPHMK) and the other (http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewIt...product=AM1111). Looks like the master kit comes with the AC adapter and three sets of calibration fluids, vs the latter which does not (only one calibration fluid). So either would be an adequate choice, though not having to replace to batteries is always a good thing.

A CO2 regulator is a machanical valve that regulates the amount of gas allowed to flow from the bottle to the device it's connected to, many have a 'cut-off' selenoid. It does not appear these units have an integrated switch to control one.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.