[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Raising pH

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    harmanrk - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Raising pH

The pH of my tank is stable, but is just around 7.8. I have been adding a Reef Buffer, that is supposed to Raise the ph to 8.3, and also raise the Alk, to help buffer the pH. This does not seem to be having an effect. Can anyone recomend anything that will help raise the pH?

Robert

graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

I would stick with the reef buffer. I have used that in the past and it worked well for me. good luck :D
    fulltankshot 1 - Raising pH

Guido - Reefkeeper CR Member

I think I have read somewhere you can use baking soda... but I wouldn't try it unless someone else has and said it works.
    Failure is for those who accept it.

First Name
    Greg

yes that is correct but if reef buffer is not raising it then I would not try baking soda. you can put some Joe's Juice in your tank. I know everytime I dose my tank with Joe's juice my PH raises from 8.2 to 8.5 but it only lasts for about a day and then goes right back down. Also when are you reading your PH???? do you have a digital PH monitor? reason is your PH changed from night to day also.

First Name
    Greg

are you dosing your tank calcium at all? if not you can dose with kalkawasser and this will increase your PH and also keep calcium in your system.

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

Here is a link to very helpful reference tool. It is also under the reference library forum.

http://home.comcast.net/~jdieck1/chem_calc3.html

shovelhead91701 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Shawn

Whoyah is right! Bookmark the page he is linking for you! This is one of the most useful bookmarks that I have on my computer! :salute:
    The days are long and the work is difficult but every night I sleep as a man who has achieved his goals.

First Name
    Greg

that is a very cool page.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Now if some rocket scientist type will figure out what the real formula's are behind that stuff and pass it along to someone not quite so smart (me), I'll create a page here for us on CR to do the math functions.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

harmanrk - Reefkeeper CR Member

Update:
    The buffer did not seem to be having any effect, pH has just been steady at 7.8. For the last week, I have been trying Baking Soda. I have been adding about one heapingtablespoon a day, with no results. I cannot believe I am having this much diffuculty raising the pH. The water I use for top offs comes out of the tap with a pH of 10.2, so, just topping the tank off should raise the pH. Anyone have any suggestions?

Robert

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last