[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Water Parameter tracking tool!!!

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Looks like a lot of work went into this...thanks. I'm assuming you are releasing it to the general public, mind if we add a main link to the front page for all to find it easier?

I copied your spreadsheet to our webserver, and edited your link to point to CR to download. Public file share servers are just too easy to be corrupted with malware.

(Just let me know if you make updates to it or whatnot and we can update the file).

*Stickied and Featured!*
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Iconz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Wow! I'm honored! Sure, you can put it on the front page! Also, seriously... If you all have ANY sugguestions, ideas, preferences, etc... LET ME KNOW! I won't be offended, and I know it will only get better with input from the public! So, feel free to make sugguestions!

T(h)anks!
    -JD

jojo22 - Reefkeeper Registered User

Congats on the great idea!!!!!!!!!
    Does water always taste like salt and poo????

iVgOnMaD - Reefkeeper CR Member

cool... dude...

Looks good. Much easier that keeping track of things in a notepad or paying for software to track the tank parameters. The only things that I see that are missing are columns for alkalinity and ORP. I'd also recommend having the default zoom being set no larger than 100% on your graph sheets.

Alkalinity has been taken care of and added in! The ORP, however, I haven't read hardly anywhere that this is something to be worried about; and, in turn, have not found the proper levels to incorporate a measurment range. If you can provide that for me, I can add it in no problem!

Thanks for the feedback!
    -JD

By the way... Has anyone been using this? If so, how do you like it? My system isn't wet yet, else I would be.

Dakar, get with me about getting this updated file version, please.

I just through out ORP for the people that have ozonizers. Everyone that uses an ozonizer should monitor their ORP (oxygen reduction potential). The ideal range is in the 350 - 450 mv range. Typically, a tank with dirty water will have a lower ORP. I have seen people with dirty water around 200 mv. On the other end of the spectrum, a ORP in the 550 mv area is dangerous to the tank's inhabitants.

BTW - I was planning on trying out your spreadsheet once you added alkalinity to it (not that it wasn't easy enough to do myself).

I have alkalinity setup so that you could entier it in as DKH and/or MEQ/L. I'll get ORP put in for a range of 200 - 600. If you'll pm me your email, i'll send you the updated file.

Alright, ORP is in place, I've also made a couple of cosmetic changes that will be nice.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

JD if you would zip up the new file and email it to me at dakar@captivereefing.com I'll upload it to the CR server to replace the older version.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last