[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

What Additives are you using>>>>

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Mike - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default What Additives are you using>>>>

Thought it might be a neat topic. I am using the Brightwell MB7 and Biofuel along with potassium, iron, and vit c. I take care of mg,alk,ca with the BRS products. Things are good and I am only at 2ppm Nitrate after a mini cycle I am sure from operation low tide. Nothing is any worse for the wear as far as the corals that survived that rediculous ordeal.

I dose 30ml Calcium and Alk 3 times a day along with 30 mlmag once a day. I dose 5ml of vit c, 10ml of potassium, and 10 ml of iron daily. The MB7 is at 6ml a day as is the bio-fuel. I have this all set up on a profilux doser to make it easier on myself.
    anacroporamademepoora
    --Lifetime member of the "No Mud Club".:

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Mike, isn't the point of dosing the MB7 and Biofuel to drive down the nutrients?
    Wouldn't it be counter productive to add to much back into the system?
    Other than maybe small amount of Amino Acids and Vit C, plus the standard Alk, Calc, and mag. Just curious

For my tank, standard Berlin style, I add a squirt of Rotifers, and Tigger pods to the tank every other day. And in between I add a squirt of phyto for my baby clams. A few drops of Vita Chem when I think of it.
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

It is more about finding the balance than total nutient limitation. Most people find they can feed more often on this system. I think of it as ULNS acheived through assimilation and efficient removal.

I am adding all elemental additives with the exception of the Vit C which is 5ml for over 300 gallons of system water.
    anacroporamademepoora

speedstar - Reefkeeper CR Member

Sugar, Vodka, Vinegar, MB7, BF, proK elements, custom amino mix. The carbon sources are not dosed on the same day together.

tankdude - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Thought it might be a neat topic. I am using the Brightwell MB7 and Biofuel along with potassium, iron, and vit c. I take care of mg,alk,ca with the BRS products. Things are good and I am only at 2ppm Nitrate after a mini cycle I am sure from operation low tide. Nothing is any worse for the wear as far as the corals that survived that rediculous ordeal.

I dose 30ml Calcium and Alk 3 times a day along with 30 mlmag once a day. I dose 5ml of vit c, 10ml of potassium, and 10 ml of iron daily. The MB7 is at 6ml a day as is the bio-fuel. I have this all set up on a profilux doser to make it easier on myself.
    This is all done automatically? This seems like to much work with all this dosing just to try to make a tank more colorful.

It is all about the color tankdude but yes it is done via automation.

I have two of these pumps

http://www.progressivereef.com/prodd...p?prod=PL-0349

Running on this controller

http://www.progressivereef.com/prodd...p?prod=GHL2ECO
    anacroporamademepoora

tankdude - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dean

Ok I got it thanks!

CR Member
    First Name
    Shawn

I need to get on some kind of dosing schedule soon when I upgrade. I just got my quote back on a rimless from Miracles and am thinking bacteria driven system is the way to go. Just want to try to keep algae at a minimum.

Alot of inspiration behind Sonny.....Because of his success, I was thinking of using Sonny's regimen using Vodka, MB7, Lugols, and Randy's 2 part.

Currently I am dosing Randy's 2 part but I'm real hit or miss lately. I need to get back into testing and dosing on a schedule. I also use Kalk water for all top off via Geo Kalk stirrer
    Last edited by Viva'sReef; 10-16-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: forgot to spell check lol

CR Member

Prodibio bacteria (BioDigest) every other week and carbon source (BiOptim) once a week.

I am dosing MB7, 75% vodka, 25% VSV (gl*******s recipe), BW Coralamino, Lugols, and BW Vitamarin M (multi vitamin). Calcium and alk are supported via a GEO 618 calcium reactor and topoff with kalkwasser.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last