[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

dputt88's Acanthophyllia

Bookmark and Share
  1. dputt88's Acanthophyllia dputt88's Acanthophyllia

Information
    Type: -
    Scientific Name: Acanthophyllia
    Other Names: meat coral
    Color: Red
    Growth Form: Other
    Date Acquired: 8/12
    Purchased Price: 130
    Availability: No Frags at This Time
    Difficulty: Moderate
    Growth Rate: Slow
    Lighting: Medium
    Temperament: Peaceful
    First Name
    Doug
    Awards Tank of the Month - January 2013 Tank of the Month Post and Reply Award - Finding Nemo PAR contest Fishbowl Drawing Winner - Summer Swap Fishbowl Winner (Red Dragon)

Additional Information & Description

so as some of you know i won the red dragon frag at the last swap. i was hesitant to bring the sps frag home as i have struggled with them in the past. well i was very fortnate today and was able to work out a deal and went home with this stunning acanthophyllia. i love it

DSC 04271 - dputt88's Acanthophyllia
    Last edited by dputt88; 12-20-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

That is a gorgeous coral. Nice score. Have you been able to feed it yet?

Tom

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Sweet score! I've been looking at that one at Reef Paradise myself.

dputt88 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Doug
    Awards Tank of the Month - January 2013 Tank of the Month Post and Reply Award - Finding Nemo PAR contest Fishbowl Drawing Winner - Summer Swap Fishbowl Winner (Red Dragon)

when i was at reef paradise i had never seen one eat before, so we fed all of them, lol, then we fed everything. it is very cool to see it eat.

First Name
    Doug

Well it's been a rough couple of days for this guy....
    I was feeding it every few days and it was doing great, but then it got really small. At first I thought nothing, after 24 hours i though maybe it was mad at me for a possible temp dip with the cool night's we've had. (I didn't have a heater because of the chaos that's occurred while I was on vacation) so got a new heater obviously and checked on it frequently. But there were no signs of improvement. So I fed it last night heavily, i fed it this morning, and the it this evening and its finally starting to come around.

So for those of you with acanthophyllia , how much and how often drop you feed, also what do you feed?

First Name
    Doug

bump for the photo contest