[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Ricordea Mushroom

Bookmark and Share
  1. Ricordea Mushroom Ricordea Mushroom

Information
    Scientific Name: Ricordea florida
    Other Names: Ric, Mushroom coral, Corallimorph
    Color: Multi
    Availability: No Frags at This Time
    Difficulty: Easy
    Growth Rate: Slow
    Lighting: Medium
    Flow: Low
    Temperament: Semi-Aggressive
    First Name
    Pat

Additional Information & Description

Ricordeas come in shades of blue, green, purple, red and pink. Keeping Rics is not too difficult since they require very little other than the proper lighting and water parameters. In fact, their colors intensify under fluorescent actinic lighting. They also prefer low water movement and adequate space between each specimen and other corals, as they are semi-aggressive. They reproduce by longitudinal fission.

All mushroom corals included are photosynthetic and a majority of their nutritional requirements are obtained from the symbiotic algae zooxanthellae hosted within each coral. They can also benefit from additional food in the form of micro-plankton or brine shrimp fed to each polyp of the colony.

Fragging them is fairly easy. Use a razor blade to slice them in half and then affix them to some small pieces of rock rubble or frag plugs with netting and rubber bands

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

very nice, I had a green and an orange one in my 60. After 6mths,, they never multiplied or grew, so I sold then in August at the swap. They are cool, just didn't do well in my tank

rmalone - Reefkeeper CR Member

I would add that high light tends to make individual ployps smaller and more colorful, than low light which tends to produce a larger more open polyp with larger tentacles but more space between each tentacle. Also high flow also seem to keep polyps more compact with smaller tentacles. This is somewhat high light under 250w mh and high flow. 1602945231 photobucket 86044  - Ricordea Mushroom
    Likes Badfish, saltwater addict420 liked this post

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

Love the color combo!
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!