[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

1000+ Members!

Bookmark and Share
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default 1000+ Members!

Holy smokes, at some point during the night we hit over 1000 registered members! Seems the word is getting out about our little corner of the world, which is not quite so little any more! At the ripe old age of 13 months, right to the day
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

For darn sure... this is THE site for reef chat!!!
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

zoo-a-holic - Reefkeeper CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrats! i can understand why everyone would come here!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    120 Gallon Reef With Starfire Front, 2 overflows and 30 Gallon Sump. Mag 18 on the Return. Lit by Aqua Light Pro Deluxe. 2 250 Watt HQI Halides and 2 96 Watt PC Actinics all in one. ASM G-2 In-Sump Skimmer. 2.5 years in the making.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#1000++++++++++++++++++ and growing#ed_op#IMG src="http://www.captivereefing.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/18.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://www.captivereefing.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Greetings/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

shovelhead91701 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Shawn

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How do we find out what number we were(registered?) I would like to be able to talk about way back when..... "Back in my day CR only had 400 members and we had to make our water from hydrogen and oxygen........we had to carry both of those two miles uphill in the snow to get it to the lab......"#ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/6.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    The days are long and the work is difficult but every night I sleep as a man who has achieved his goals.

First Name
    Dave

Look on the main "Forum" page. towards the bottom before all that admistrative junk I have down there you'll see a block that reads;

Who is Online
    Our users have posted a total of 12794 articles
    We have 1002 registered users
    In total there are 26 users online :: 4 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests

That stuff is autoamtically updated so it stays accurate.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Must be doing sumthing right!!!!!! Congratulations around to everyone who makes this little place a welcome site! :-D
    sarah
    Hi my name is sarah, and I've got the Upgrade Bug!
    Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup!!!!

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

Wow. That is kind of crazy. Not bad for three misfit outcasts. Congrats Dakar, Angel and Repto. Thanks for the super effort!!!

First Name
    Dave

Hey this was a collective effort, from everyone here. Old times (yeah a whole yeer plus) right down to the newest member.... Hat's off to ya'll!

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default 1000+ and more to come! :)

Gee Wiz! I hate when I've been sick and I miss out on all the good stuff! I almost missed this post! Be assured that I'm always here to help when needed. It's been amazing how fast things are growing, which reminds me.... I'm working on the mugshots page for all our members. Send me your pictures folks, so I can get it up with all the members I have so far. I'll be posting an announcement for all today!

This place is Rockin' and covered with coralline!! Plenty of fish swimming here too!1000+ members!! Who would have thought that an experiment for us would turn into such a wild ride. Just to let you all know, we are dealing with product vendors to see if we can get any sweet deals for out CR Members (can't tell you who they are yet until we're sure), and we have many offers for sponsorship which I'm doing my best to keep up with. Sometimes I'm in my mailbox more than I'm on the board, but it's a good thing!! Hmmmm....for some reason, some popular sites are approaching us, and want to be linked to Captive Reefing. I wonder how that happened? lol The search engines really like us, and other well known sites that have been up for years, email with many questions about how we got where we are so quickly. Our answer is generally, "from the loyalty and faith of our Members".

We'll always be building and adding more to the site. As always, if you think of something that might make it more user friendly & fun, please submit your ideas to any one of "The Troublesome Trio (Dakar, Repto or Me) :gathering: We try to announce everything new, but might miss some of the little tweaks here and there. I know that I'm still working on projects that we've planned from the start. Some of it requires $$$'s, and being a non-profit site, we do what we can, when we can. Looking forward to seeing all our members in a CR T-shirt, Sweatshirt or Hoodie also. Give me some more time on that one. I'm hunting for the best company to actually do the work on the shirts and place our fantastic logo on...(thanks to Repto's fantastic artwork)! For those of you who don't know, He's responsible for the drawing of Rupert - CR's Mascot! Rupert is my brainchild, and Repto is the father! I paint the pictures mentally, explain them to Repto and wha-lah!!.... Repto brings them to life. I put the coloring touch to Rupert with my mouse in hand, my beloved Adobe Photoshop, and quite a few days of work. Man was my hand cramped, and I was scared I wouldn't do Repto's fantastic artwork justice. Of course, it's a year old now, and if I had to re-color him...I would do it a lot differently. But for now, we'll leave it the way it is for posterity! That original CR 'Toon is going to adorn our Captive Reefing Shirts, plus some of the great pictures of Rupert no ones seen yet!!

As usual, I tend to be long winded, but if I don't say what's on my mind now, I won't get back here to do so! So here's a whole bunch of babble from me, and some updates as to what you may expect in the near future! There's so many people that have supported us on this venture, and of course our Member's make the difference with all their ideas. Thank you all! :YEAH: ....this is almost better than reaching the 1 year mark!
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef
    ........Angel
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~