[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Captive Reefing Library!

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Exclamation Captive Reefing Library!

One thing Captive Reefing does not have is a Library for this site. Do you realize how often we go over the same topics over and over again? The other reason this is so important is that when someone out there does a search on a particular subject. Captive Reefing will pop up as a site where users can find information. Once they come into the site, they'll get hooked on it and our population of members will grow!

What I'd like to propose is making a list of all the topics that make Reefing possible, right from tank cycling, sumps, refuges, DIY Projects, lighting, live rock...basically all the things that make our reefs happen...fish, coral, critters, etc. Let's get this list started, and I'm going to ask all of you...the members that make this site rock & roll... to choose one of the subjects of the list we come up with, and write up everything you know about it. It may take some additional research, but it has to be totally CR's work, not copied from another site. We have plenty of pictures and examples right here, so search the site. As each subject is submitted, we'll post it to be "proofed" by all the members of the board to make sure nothing on the topic is missed. Then we'll come up with keywords that can be plugged in for the search engines as we've been doing all along that will keep up up toward the top of the Search Engines. The article name will have to include the study subject, IE: "Captive Reefing's way of cycling a tank." I've already started the list above. Keep adding to the list on this thread (I started it up toward the top there...let's get it going), and if you find one you want to start on, claim it and get started! How does this sound? Our Library Book will have it's own cover, adding more graphics with bright colors to keep the site attractive and interesting. What do you think folks? How many of you are willing to help? Remember, this is YOUR SITE, so let's build it up to look professional and make us proud!!

....Angel :angel1:
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

hi Angel, I'M GAME ... although i think Dakar is going to have me working on the wiki board going on the common/scientific fish names thread. i will do anything i can to help out with your project too !!

Wiki Board? Actually that can be part of the library. He didn't tell me about his plans on this one, but i think that's where that should be placed.
    Owner/Administrator

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

seahorsedreams - Reefkeeper Registered User

Any help you need I'm also game.

Renee

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Give me a couple of days and I'll shoot everyone a link... I'm not sure I like the one that I have been playing with... I'd like to try some other software packages first.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Thumbs up Pick a topic, and just do it!

Great you guys, then get right to it! Pick a topic...any topic you think Captive Reefing may be lacking information on that would help current and future members would be awesome. Let me know what topic you pick. Make sure it's written in your best form. Remember to watch grammar, slang, and do some spellchecking along the way. Humor in writing is always a plus as it draws your reader in and will keep them on your article. Your real reward on this will be to see how many hits the article gets. I know for me it gives me that positive feeling about myself that keeps me going, and I'm sure it will do the same for you!
    So...there's your challenge! ....Angel :angel1:
    Owner/Administrator

~*

CR Member

Are you going to display a list so you don't get multiples of one subject?
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that stupidity has no limits!

seahorsedreams - Reefkeeper Registered User

I've almost completed the process of writing a couple of articles. One is Things to consider in selecting a clean up crew. Another was about common hitchikers (photo heavy). Another is about "fixing" nuisance algaes. And another about macro. They've actually been written for another forum but if is kosher they can be here too.......

Renee

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

I'm game to write stuff in my little bit of free time. i have my research papers on here so if anyone picks something feel free to use some of the info i have gathered there, those two are what i did my whole senior years so there is alot of time and effort into them. i would start the list but my mind isn't working correctly right now
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last