[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

CR's February TOTM JustDavidP

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    JustDavidP - Reefkeeper CR Member

Well... I did say that I was busy. Was a helluva weekend. But I also promised to do a good write up, and make the TOTM something we can all be proud of. Again, I will take my future judging serious as well doing whatever it takes to spark this board. It's a great, but fledging board. I like the folks here and want to do whatever it takes to help you all along in your lil' salty spot on the WWW.

Thanks again!

Dave
    ><((((

BUGZME - Reefkeeper Registered User

I have to take time off work to read that!!! Just kidding, great write up.
    THANKS JEFF
    2-45 GALLON FRAG TANKS
    55 SHOW TANK

BUGZME - Reefkeeper Registered User

Can you take pic's of all your sps? That's quite a list.
    THANKS JEFF
    2-45 GALLON FRAG TANKS
    55 SHOW TANK

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Very informative... that's just what we needed. Thank you and please continue to go that extra mile to give us all the insider info that you can or desire.

Repto
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

David,I noticed you feed our fish daily,How often do you feed your corals?Have you noticed any positive responses from your SPS by the addition or lack of foods?

tileman - Reefkeeper CR Member

Excellent write up David, I finally had some time this morning to sit down and read it. (working out of town again in California) Your tank is beautiful and it sounds like you take excellent care of it, which you have to with that many fish. At last count I think I have 16 fish in my tank, and I also do weekly water changes . It,s a constant battle keeping everyone happy, fish & coral, but I wouldn't want it any other way.
    Remember when you get back here to SLC. give us a call.
    Brad
    225g Full reef, 300g total Deltec AP702, PF601S, FR509. 18 months old
    65g reef, Euroreef skimmer, 4yrs old

JustDavidP - Reefkeeper CR Member

I can, and will take pics of the individual corals. However, now is not the time. Only because I've been stripping the reef of all the shrimp, crabs, etc, to prepare for Interceptor treatment of the red bugs. Also, with the darned parasites, my polyp extension is weak. Not a good Kodak Moment For instance, the small Elkhorn, it is probably missing 1/8 of the flesh from the ridge back. The bugs like that coral and the Larry Jackson Acro.

Dave, I do not specifically feed any of my corals. I do use Phytofeast in my food preparation, I'm sure some of it is consumed by the corals. I also fed (no longer) gut packed baby brine shrimp when I had the baby banggai. I have witnessed, more than once, those baby brine stung and consumed by my larger coral colonies. Other than that, my acros have taken cyclopeeze via missentral threads and my ricordia and various polyps close on and consume smaller frozen foods such as mysid.

Dave
    ><((((

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2