[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS

Bookmark and Share
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS

Yes it's a little slow in coming, but given the holiday what can you do?

It is our pleasure to announce the Captive Reefing Tank of The Monthfor July 2005, congratulations are extended to Klasikb for her 210g Softy/LPS Reef tank!

klasikb totm 7 05 - CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS

A very close run off between two tanks;
    Here is a few comments from the judges
    really good with a wide variety of textures andcolors..I like klasikbs aquascape.....

I prefer a bit more open aquascape with a strong focus onbiotope/coral selection.
    klasi's is just that... classy!!
    It is very pretty!

Klasikb, your presence is hereby requested amongst the Judging Staff to serve your term in selecting future TOTM's.

Additionally,wewould like to take a moment to thank JustDavidP for taking the time andserving his term as a TOTM Judge, your efforts comments and assistancehave been greatly appreciated, our home here is a reflection of all ofour members efforts.

To those entries submitted during June, your images will remain in theTOTM Gallery for August's nominations (update them if you wish), thosesubmitted in May will be moved to the general Tanks gallery, but youmay resumit as often as you like. Thanks to all who have takenthe time to show off their tanks! We hope you will continue to do so often

Again congratulations to Klasikb!

The CR Staff.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

klasikb - Reefkeeper CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#First I would like to say a big Thank You to those envolved in Captive Reefing for making this happen. I truely love my tanks and am delighted to share them with others who enjoy the same passion. Here is some further info on the system Ereefic and I have created. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tank Size- 210 AGA reef ready#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Age - This is the 3rd upgrade for this tank. It started out as a 55 galloon, our first tank, after 1 1/2 yearsit was upgraded to a 120 long and another 1 1/2 years later the 210. It has been set up for 3 months now. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Tank Focus - The main focus for me in this tank would be the fish. With the addition of a Townsend Angel, I've had to sacrafice certain corals such as zoos and open brains. Thats when having multiple tanks comes in handy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Lightin g - With this beingsofty and lps dominated, we kept the 3 175w MH from the 120 but replaced the pc'swith 220w VHO actinic#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Filtrat ion - We wanted lots ofswimmingroom for the fish, sowith the upgrade we decided not to add any additional rock. There is about 150 lbs ofliverock and an 8 inch DSB.We are running a MR2skimmer on this system with a Genx pcx55 pump.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Equipment - The tank is plumbed down to the basement, into a 100 gallon sump with a 30 gallon grow out tank and 30 gallon fuge. The return pump is a sequence 4300SEQ20 that feeds the 210, a 45 gallon clam tank, and the grow out and fuge. There is also a closed loop powered by a sequence dart. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Fish - I've always had a problem with overstocking my fish tanks and this is not an exception. We have 4 fish that will get rather large, butthey will haveplaces togo when that happens. Those would be- Townsend angel, Koran angel,Naso tang and Vlamign tang#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The other fish - coral beauty, flame angel, flame hawk, six line wrasse, orange wrasse(don't know the name), tomato clown, 2 percclowns, a yellow watchman gobyand a bi-color blennie. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#CoralsI nverts -For corals - many different colored ricordia and mushrooms#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#alvapora, gonipora(received a baby frag from a fellow reefer), 3 different anchors, 2 different torch corals, xenia, orange fungia, and green star polyps. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For inverts there are many turbo snails, nassariussnails, cerith snails etc. Plus a coral banded shrimp that has become quit large. No other shrimp can be added because of the flame hawk.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Mainten ance - 10% water changes about once a month, skimmer gets cleaned about once a week and glass gets cleaned about every 3 days.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Feeding - lots ofnori, about everyday, every fish in the tank eats it. Frozen foods abouttwice a week and formula flake a couple times a week.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Favorit e inhabitants - I just can't pick one.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Problem s I've Overcome - We've been very lucky with our larger tanks. The only real problems we have had have been in the begining with the 55 gal tank. Back than we had a lot of green hair algea. Adding a sump and better skimmer was the best fix for that. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Whats Next? I always seem to be planning another upgrade It mostly because there is sooo much stuffI like. One day a 300-500 gallon tank would be awsome! But if that's not in the cards, I am very happy with what I have!! My tanks provide great entertainment and relaxation every single day. Thanks, Sheila#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    Just a girl trying to create a little bit of paradise on earth without killing it.

klasikb - Reefkeeper CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here are some other pictures #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Koran and perc clown#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#koranandpercSmall - CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#some of the ricordia#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ricrock1Custom - CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ricrock2Custom - CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ricrock3Custom - CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ricrock4Custom - CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#tomato clown in his frillie mushrooms#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#tomatoinfrilliesCustom - CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#one of our first fish, YWG, he's actually in a spot in this tank where we can see him #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ywginhishomeCustom - CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#naso tang#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#rightsidewithnasoCustom2 - CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#towsend angel#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#angelwheresthezoosCustom - CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#left side #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#leftside2Custom - CR's Tank of the Month - July 05 - Klasikb's 210g Softy/LPS#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
    Just a girl trying to create a little bit of paradise on earth without killing it.

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Awesome!!! Thanks for the extra pics. Very nice.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

BUGZME - Reefkeeper Registered User

Nice tank! It's really beautiful
    THANKS JEFF
    2-45 GALLON FRAG TANKS
    55 SHOW TANK