[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

CR's Tank of the Month Wiinner - March 05 - Reptoreef

Bookmark and Share
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default CR's Tank of the Month Wiinner - March 05 - Reptoreef

It is my pleasure to announce the March TOTM winner, one of our own Mods, Reptoreef! Congratulations are in order for his inspiring 55g reef. It's very apparent that this have been a labor of love for Repto and his reef shows it.

Some of the judges comments;
    JustDavidP "the anemone and clam centerpieces really won me over"
    BUGZME "Repto's reef is beautiful..."
    tileman "It is a very full and healthy looking tank."

For more pics of his system, he recently favored us with a lengthy thread of pictures that can be found HERE.

Repto, in accordance with the rules you helped write you understand that you are not eligible for a TOTM award for another 12 months, you are hereby invited to rejoin the Judging Staff and serve your term in choosing future TOTM's.

We had a fantastic turn out this month for submissions, and hope they will continue in the same fashion. To those who've entered and were not selected this month, you are invited to submit again and again and again, it's a shame that only one tank can be selected as they are all fantastic to look at and do our theme of Captive Reefing a great deal of justice.

Again Congrats Repto!!! Step up and take a bow

The TOTM Judges and the whole staff.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

BUGZME - Reefkeeper Registered User

Congrats Jason! Another utah tank strutting it's stuff.
    THANKS JEFF
    2-45 GALLON FRAG TANKS
    55 SHOW TANK

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

BAM BABY!!! Thanks all... can't tell ya how cool this makes me feel(all warm and fuzzy... he he). I guess, I owe most of my inspiration to my wife(shultzy) and our 2 rugrats(Annie and Rookie)... they give me the reason and motivation to keep up the drive for a better me(my tank is really just a big part of that). Anyways, thanks and happy reefing!!!

Repto
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

BUGZME - Reefkeeper Registered User

Well now you have to give us all the secrets about your tank! lets see what you have to say.
    THANKS JEFF
    2-45 GALLON FRAG TANKS
    55 SHOW TANK

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

No secrets really... just a heck of alot of DIY, active ca and kalk reactors, a large bulk water capacity(lots of varied fuge type/space), a huge skimmer running 24/7, reg waterchanges, over 800 watts of light over the display tank(a standard 55), and absolutely NO chemical "fixer uppers"... all natural as much as I can muster. Other than that, a whole lot of reading, research, trial and error, and great chit-chat with all of you awesome reefers!!! BTW, reguardless of new to the hobby or aged in nicely, keep an open mind... you will always learn new things from just about ANYBODY that's in this hobby(or in my case, obsession)... there really is no-one with all of the answers.

Happy reefing, Repto
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Congratulations Repto! Of course, a tank well deserving of the winners title! :-D
    ....Angel
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

congrats Repto,your mixed reef is beautiful and well deserving of the TOTM honor.