[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

CR's TOTM for November 2005

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default CR's TOTM for November 2005

Although we considered putting off the announcement for yet another day, instead we decided to let Limpit off easy and give him the very well deserved spot on the front page tonight instead.

The care he pours into his tank shines through like a halide at midnight.

limpit125totm - CR's TOTM for November 2005

Join the CR staff in sharing some congratulations for Limpit, he will carry the honorary Tank Of The Month badge for November 2005.

Limpit, your presence is hereby requested in the TOTM Judges to serve your term in judging future TOTM's!

Congrats from the entire staff!
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

CONGRATS!!! Well deserved...
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

Limpit - Reefkeeper CR Member

First off I would like to thank the T.O.T.M.. judges for picking my tank and the entire C.R. staff for putting together such a great web site.
    I have been asked to answer the following basic questions about my tank so here goes.

Tank Size - 125 gal

Tank Age - Born on date of 2-3-05

Tank Focus - To be able to keep a reef with a minimal amount of maintenance and cost.

Lighting - 260 watts P.C.

Filtration - Sump is a converted wet dry filter with all biomedia removed and replaced with Live Rock. Sump has built in protein skimmer.

Equipment - Seio 1500 & 820 powerheads for water movement in addition to the return line from the sump, two 250 watt Ebo Jager heaters, Gamma brand 25 watt U.V. sterilizer to use just in case it needs to be.

Fish - One large Purple Tang and a Six Line Wrasse.

Corals - Majority of tank is soft corals consisting of several Nephthea, Capnella, and assorted Mushrooms. Two rather large Cauliflower Colt Corals and one Green Spaghetti Finger Leather that all grow like weeds.
    Hard Corals consist of two Caulastrea Candy Cane Corals and one Brown Acropora Coral.
    I also have a various Zoanthus, Xenia's and some Green Starburst Polyps that also like to spread themselves around.

Inverts - Several species of snails, reef hermits, and Sand Sifting Stars to keep things clean. Also a couple of Brittle Stars and one Queen Conch. Had a Fire Shrimp in there for a while but have not seen it lately.

Maintenance Routines - 20% to 30% water change every week, sometimes I let it slip to two weeks but never more than that. When I replace evap. water I alternate
    mixing Reef Complete and Marine Buffer in with the fresh water.

Feeding Routines - Every day a small amount of frozen food from the 11 varieties that I have. 2-3 times a week I feed purple, red and green Julian Sprung's Sea Veggies.
    My fish eat better than I do!

Favorite inhabitants - The tiny little creatures that arrive with Live Rock. Sometimes I sit in front of the tank at night with a red flashlight and watch. To me they are the most interesting things in the tank to me.

Problems I've Overcome - The hardest thing for me to overcome is the urge to stop and buy something from every saltwater fish store I drive by. Impulse buying without first researching the organism can really get you into trouble.

What's Next? I originally set this tank up to be a FOWLR tank. Then after I had a major crash I set it up as a reef tank but I really miss having a tank full of fish. What I will maybe do next is get a 75 or 90 gallon RR tank and set that up for my corals and redo the 125 as a fish only but do things differently this time around. If my wife catches wind of this I'm dead!

Thank you once again to the Nov. T.O.T.M. judges and I hope that I will be able to fill those shoes well as a T.O.T.M. judge.

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

Nice tank. Well deserved.

flame - Reefkeeper Registered User

congrats great tank
    It is our responsibilities, not ourselves, that we should take seriously.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Good deal
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

Wow really nice tank
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

Woohoo!! Congratulations! You were so patient in waiting for that. Good for you.

klasikb - Reefkeeper CR Member

congrats!! can we have more pictures??
    Just a girl trying to create a little bit of paradise on earth without killing it.

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Great request Klasikb! I've seen some of his tank shots, and they are beautiful!
    Congratulations Limpit! You are most deserving of the title! All the corals in there are smiling. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your splendor with the CR Board!
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last