[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

The Effects Shop is now open!

Bookmark and Share
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default The Effects Shop is now open!

At long last the F/X SHOP is now open, so all those hard earned pearls can now be spent (don't forget you can exchange sand dollars for pearls at a rate of 100 to 1). You can now BUY a new colors, glows, shadows for to add to your name and/or rank, buy yourself a custom rank, or buy a new rank of your choosing for another member :twisted:

More shops will be added for your enjoyment in the future.

The SHOP link can be found towards the right on the top menu (next to logout).

NOTE: You can test drive the desired 'effect' before purchasing it at the top of the page...

Enjoy,
    The CR Team
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Buiryn - Reefkeeper Registered User

Great work Dave!

I bet it was fun putting that in.

Matt
    This space intentionally left blank!

First Name
    Dave

FUN? geez took me close to 6 hours of constant pounding the keys to get it working properly. Only problem is the really cool effects are pretty much isolated to working with Internet Explorer But since most are not like me and actually use Windoze it should make for some fun. Think I'm going to reduce the prices on everything in there for a Grand Opening sale...LOL to let people fool around with it and see if they can break it.

BTW here have some pearls to spend...LOL

Tested browsers/OS for glow and shadow effects to work;

Windows XP - Internet Explorer 6.0 - YES
    Windows XP - Firefox 5.0 - NO
    Windows XP - Opera 7.1 - NO

Linux - Mozilla 5.0 - NO
    Linux - Netscape 7.1 - NO
    Linux - Konquerer 3.1.4 - NO

That covers most of the browsers I have at my desk now, please feel free to make additions to this list if you are running something different.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

peregrinus - Reefkeeper Registered User

woohoo... time to shop..
    Quantum mechanics the dreams stuff is made of.

150 started 8/12/06
    57 gal started 8/12/08

Buiryn - Reefkeeper Registered User

Thanks for the pearls Dave!

As a quick feedback on the shop here are my thoughts:
    -Cool feature! Keep up the good work.
    -The "test" effect should be placed higher in the screen, or some other way to point out you should test out what your name would look like before you spend your hard earned pearls. (I made this mistake, but luckily I chose wisely.)
    -What happens if you remove something? Is it still there, or do you have to re-buy it again? Can you swap back and forth between things you bought? Is there a help screen or did I miss that too?

Matt
    This space intentionally left blank!

First Name
    Dave

Thanks for the kind words, glad to see it may be a real hit. I've got some other neat additions to add to both the Shop, and other ways to play with the SD's and Pearls that will make their appearance shortly.

Now to the questions, and good questions they are, and for a pleasant change I can actually answer them...

-The "test" effect should be placed higher in the screen, or some other way to point out you should test out what your name would look like before you spend your hard earned pearls. (I made this mistake, but luckily I chose wisely.)

That's why I included the note on the announcement, unfortunately I didn't write the application, but fairly certain I can hack on the page enough to move it around. A good idea!

Moved to the top now.

-What happens if you remove something? Is it still there, or do you have to re-buy it again?

If you remove it (essentially returning it to the store) you get 50% of the current sale price credited back to your account. If you GIVE it to another member you lose it and get no credit.

Can you swap back and forth between things you bought? Is there a help screen or did I miss that too?

To change the effects, ie.. from the yellow glow to the red one, you have to remove the old (@ 50% loss) and purchase the new.

Help - guess the fella who wrote it, although very cool little application didn't feel it was necessary for a help page. If I get a volunteer who has the time to go through and pound on it and document everything to create one, that'd be super, if not I'll add it to my list.

Thanks for the input! it's always appreciated.