[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

February 2006 TOTM - JustDavidP's Pony Corral

Bookmark and Share
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default February 2006 TOTM - JustDavidP's Pony Corral

By executive order; Angel and I have selected DavidP's Pony Corral as Tank of the Month for Feb.2006.

davep totm - February 2006 TOTM - JustDavidP's Pony Corral

For anyone not familiar, JustDavidP has been heading up our Horsing Around forum dedicated to the captive keeping, breeding, and raising of seahorses. Specifically the Hippocampus Reidi species.

His tank deserves more than a casual glance to see all the wonderous life it holds inside.

Our sincerest thanks for the volumes of information you have shared to date and we all look forward to seeing your herd as it progresses.

Stand up and take a bow, your research and work is an inspiration to all future keepers of these wonderful creatures.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

JustDavidP - Reefkeeper CR Member

I want to first say that I am very thankful to all who are "captive reefers". I entered into this community because of the demise of Reef Freaks. There are a couple other communities out there...and I am glad to be a "friend to all" but have to say that some, rather than all, have asked me to "help" in their ventures.

This place has a "spot in my heart" because you have taken me 'for who I am', asimple hobbyist and not an 'expert' like Fenner, Calfo, or any other "icon" and gave me the option to be a 'friend' and to hear what worked for me. I will always be supportive of your projects, giving you my information as to what worked for me. You can then take that information and do what you will with it. But the bottom line is that you've opened good dialog, and worked through complexities without ever "bashing" etc. Remember, in the hobby, there are many 'good' way to do things, but there may not be a 'right way'. We are all part of the 'cutting edge' and our information may do many things for the hobby as a whole.

I really want to help others. With that said, please continue to ask questions in my forum. If I can not answer your questions, I will always point you in the right direction. There are no "stupid questions" when it comes to this hobby...except for the ones not asked. The Administrators and Mods are very qualifified and again, are not beyond admitting when their expertise is lacking. Make THIS site all that it can be by participating. I am open to any and all questions. Fire away.

I'll post the "particulars" about my system very soon. Otherwise, find me here, or at the Boston Reefers Society, or at the Talking Reef.

Be well, be you, and I'll be back.

David
    ><((((

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

Its nice to see the biotope that you have created for your seahorses being honored as TOTM.
    You have a done a wonderful job with your tank,it just goes to show what one can do when they set out to replicate an evironment fitting for the animals they plan on keeping.

Thanks! Wait until you see how it is evolving! My lil' 26 gallon display is just a week or so away from being plumbed into the basement and into a 75 gallon sump/refugium *LMAO*

I have the stand built, and just need to buy a big, honking pump to send the water from the basement back to the first floor. I want it internal. I am going with Mag 18 or greater. More news to come!

D
    ><((((

I apologize for the tardiness of my reply...

I want to congratulate you on your TOTM - it is so lovely! I have so enjoyed seeing the pictures of your "babies" growing up, and you have obviously provided an incredibly wonderful home for them!

Thanks for the kind words about my obsession

Dave
    ><((((