[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Forum Changes

Bookmark and Share
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Default Forum Changes

Today is annoucement Thursday...

For those that pay attention to our forums list, we are in the process of implementing some changes. Most significantly the names of some of the forums have changed and we have created a couple new ones. The hope is that our forum structure will help fit the discussion topics in a meaningful way so that it is more obvious where to post and search for information on the site.

Some forums are also being given SubTopics. The subtopic is something that you can chose when you make a post...if available for that forum, there will be a drop down menu on the new post editor for you to chose the subtopic that best fits the information you are creating a thread about. These SubTopics can be clicked to narrow down a forum to just threads about that subtopic.

As an example, the Lighting Forum, has subtopics of Halide, LED, Power Compact, T5, and VHO. To further the example, if you are just interested information about LEDs you will be able to click on the subtopic "LED" in front of the thread title and have a list of all the lighting threads pertaining to LEDs.

I'd also like to make a request that when you make a new thread that it has something about what you are posting in the title. For example, a title of "I have a question" is not nearly as good as "Question about T5 lights".

CR Member
    First Name
    Chris

I like it! Good call.

CR Member
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    Today is annoucement Thursday...

I'd also like to make a request that when you make a new thread that it has something about what you are posting in the title. For example, a title of "I have a question" is not nearly as good as "Question about T5 lights".
    So this thread should be titled Forum Changes to improve forum structure?

CR Member

all joking aside, keep up the good work guys. This is the best forum around for us michigan people. Nice to see other parts of the country around also, but the majority seems to be around here.

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris

I like the face lift alot!! So much easier to navigate.

brandeewyne - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    brandee

dig the changes, Jim!!

Tags for this Annoucement