[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

How To Use Fragswapper Tutorial

Bookmark and Share
    kev2me - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Kevin
    Awards Photo of the Month Photo of the Month

Default How To Use Fragswapper Tutorial

I ported this over from INDMAS for those of you here that are having trouble with Fragswapper Just imagine the pictures with CR logos instead of INDMAS.

1. Register
    Head to Fragswapper.com and click the login button at the top. On the following page click the "Register Now" button.
    01 register - How To Use Fragswapper Tutorial

2. Create an Account
    Fill out the form with the username and password. The enter a valid email address. Fragswapper will send a confirmation email to this address.
    02 create account - How To Use Fragswapper Tutorial

3. Choose an Organization
    Your page should be blank unlike mine, but once you are logged in, click the Organizations button at the top.
    03 organizations - How To Use Fragswapper Tutorial

4. Pick a State
    Choose the state your organization is in. In our case Indiana
    04 state - How To Use Fragswapper Tutorial

5. Register with Organization
    If you are a member of Captive Reefs, click the "Click Here to Register". Otherwise skip to the next step.
    05 organization register - How To Use Fragswapper Tutorial

6. Current Frag Swaps
    From the organization page, click the link for the Current Available Swaps.
    06 current frag swaps - How To Use Fragswapper Tutorial

7. Register for Event
    Click the register button to attend this event.
    07 register for event - How To Use Fragswapper Tutorial

8. List New Item
    Now let's get to listing our items! Click "My Listings" at the top. Then choose "List New Item" on the following page.
    08 list new item - How To Use Fragswapper Tutorial

9. Listing Info
    Here you enter information about the item you want to sell. You can take a look at what I've entered to get an idea of what to do. If you don't know what something means you can click the little question mark boxes in the section titles to get more help about that section. Make sure to be as descriptive, and honest, as possible. You can also list up to 10 pictures for your listing. If you have a photobucket, flickr, or other photo sharing account you can directly link to your images in your listing. If you don't have a photo sharing account, I suggest you sign up for one since it's hard to sell something without pictures! Click the direct link checkbox if the url you put into the textbox goes directly to the image, that way you will have the image show up in the listing, or thumbnails for everything after the first image.
    09 listing - How To Use Fragswapper Tutorial

10. Your Listing!
    Click "Listings" at the top, then under "Trade Lists" on the left hand side choose "All (New First)". Your listing should be right there at the top of the next page. There are a lot more options to view listings under "Trade Lists" that you can play with to get the hang of finding listings on Fragswapper. You can also choose someone's name under "Swappers" to view only items listed by that person.
    10 listed - How To Use Fragswapper Tutorial

Congrats, you listed your first item on Fragswapper! Now this is just a basic overview to get you started. Once you start using the site you will find some more listing features I have not gone over.

Now go and post your corals and other items, start requesting other peoples' items, and try not to get too addicted to it will you

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Kev - Is fragswapper your site?

kev2me - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Kevin
    Awards Photo of the Month Photo of the Month

No it's not, although I know the owner is also named Kevin

CR Member

Great tutorial! Makes it sound difficult if you just read it, but believe me these steps take minutes...and then you're good to go forever.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Thanks Kev!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

will Fragswapper work to list faffle items??? I wouldnt mind practicing this way, along with advertising the swap a bit to others interested, but without info yet.

CR Member

No, it wouldn't work for raffle items. You'd promote the swap the same way you promote every swap - through the forums and lfs. Those threads could list sponsors and raffle items. Then, you would state that the event was on fragswapper, and people would go there to list items. Fragswapper is only for people selling/buying/trading frags.