[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

New Board Software

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Default OMG DAKAR

CHANGE IT BACK DONT FIX IT IF IT ISNT BROKEN. THE OLD WAS SOOOOO MUCH COOOLER

Quote Originally Posted by mattsfishin2989
    CHANGE IT BACK DONT FIX IT IF IT ISNT BROKEN. THE OLD WAS SOOOOO MUCH COOOLER
    It was broken, that's why he switched to new software.

I like it too. Here's a couple things that I've noticed. I couldn't log in this morning with my password, and I had to reset it to get in. No big deal on my part, don't know if anyone else is having any problems.

Second, all of my PM's are gone. I had a bunch of stuff saved in there. If you can recover them on the new board, could you dump that database to me for my PM's so I can get that info?

Third, see if you can tweak the posts per page so that a thread, this one for example, doesn't show as being multiple pages with only a few responses. Does that make sense?

Other than that, I like it. Some of the other forums (cars, computers, cameras, etc) that I go to use this forum software.

Later!
    Eric

Oh yea, am I still a mod?

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Red face

anyone no whit the below message means its whit i see in quick reply and wont let me use it. Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

Yeah you need to click Quick Reply (next to Quote) on the post you want to reply to.
    55 Gallon. One year old, and looking SUPER.

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Matt, don't worry, as soon as everything is functioning and tweaked to the way it should be the cosmetic changes will begin happening, but you'll also have the ability to change the color scheme and stuff to suit your tastes as well. Very powerful software, and a lot faster than the old board, I think it will grow on everyone quickly.

Eric, your PM should have migrated over... possible they got hosed, but I'll get you a dump of them, and yes you should have Mod priv's in the Nano contest forum just as before. Board defaulted to 10 posts per page for the thread, bumped it up to 20 like it should be. (BTW you can set that number as a personal preference in your profile settings).

Jerry, that message is a little obscure if you look in the lower left side there is a Post Reply button (this is for the full page reply, on the right side are the Quote and Quick reply (the pen/paper looking icon), for the quick reply you have to chose wether or not to quote the post before you can type in the box... makes sense when you think about it, but a little less than obvious.

Here's the buttons I'm talking about.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Smile

OOOOOOoooooooh i see" even a blind man can see occasionally

Jerry, that message is a little obscure if you look in the lower left side there is a Post Reply button (this is for the full page reply, on the right side are the Quote and Quick reply (the pen/paper looking icon), for the quick reply you have to chose wether or not to quote the post before you can type in the box... makes sense when you think about it, but a little less than obvious.

Here's the buttons I'm talking about.[/QUOTE]
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

Yea this is a very popular software for message borads, and very very good, trust me guys (Im a message board junkie) when I say this is good stuff. Nice going Dakar
    55 Gallon. One year old, and looking SUPER.

Ok, I just checked my inbox and my PMs are there. Sorry, I should have looked before I said anything. I seem to remember that when nano-reef switched over software that a similar goofy thing happened with the private messages.

Just a reminder to everyone, go into the edit options area and tweak your settings. There's a lot of customization in there. You might need to turn on the email activation too. I'm not sure if that's on by default. It wasn't for me.

Eric

Default Chat

Is there a spot to see who's in the chat room? It's nice to know if there is anyone there or not before logging into it. Is my pet fish, Sally, DEaD?
    Looks like this is alot of work. Kudos to you.

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

Dude, I like how things are going... needs some of Angel's touch for the graphix. I truly dig the new gig.

Jason
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last