[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

NOTICE: All members please read

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default NOTICE: All members please read

Angel and I are in the process of relocating CaptiveReefing to a new server, all functions will be available until it's time to move the database at which time the board will be disabled for a couple hours.

All posts will be included in the move until the board is taken offline, however please refrain from uploading any images to the gallery or attachments to posts as they will likely not make it during copy process. Everything should be returned to normal operations shortly after midnight this evening.

With a bit of luck following the move all board functions should return to normal, in the event you find any issues please notify us as quickly as possible. Any errors can be reported via PM and they will be dealt with as quickly as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

First Name
    Dave

Looks like eveything made it over to the server in one piece, sorry for the long delay, but we'll all be better off for the move in the long run.

Keeping my fingers crosssed that nothing broke doing the move.....holler if you encounter any errors.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Good work glad its back up.
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

First Name
    Dave

Still a little bit of clean up to be done by the hosting company... they've got one screw up that is hosing things up, it's hard to set back and wait for folks to fix stuff when you manage 10 times the number of servers they have...hee hee

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

i've been having trouble navigating around and posting,keep getting the "Http 404 page not found" error.

First Name
    Dave

Unfortunately I know... and I apologize, hosting company I moved the site to still has things hosed up.. basically until they do what I've told them to (twice now) you have a 50/50 shot of reaching the site at all. If it wouldn't take all night to move all of the data back to my personal server where the board used to live I'd move it back, by then they'll get their head out of their *** and fix it. Of all of the sites and stuff I moved over this is the only one they hosed up. If it's not fixed by tommorrow I'm pulling everything off their servers and back to mine and gonna go looking for that satisfaction garuntee.

Sorry folks, this was supposed to be seamless.

davejnz - Reefkeeper CR Member

no problem,whatever server you feel is best.

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

I'm too frazzled to care... finally, a dose of my CR... HOME!!!
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

First Name
    Dave

hahaha well I just got an email back and guess what, they actually found the exact problem I reported ummm like 12 hours ago... May still take a couple hours for the new DNS data to propagate down to everyone.

The 'Best' server... that would be where the board was on one of my machines, however the move was driven more by the economics of the bandwidth we consume ( we ran just over 8Gb's last month).... and we are just getting started. Now we can burn up to 120G's a month before it costs any more :D This should hold us for about a year or so before I have to upgrade to the next plan.

First Name
    Dave

And we're back............. the issue was resolved just after Midnight Sunday evening, Again my aplogies for folks who weren't too busy watching the football games to check in and found the site down.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last