[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Personal Journals (aka Blogs) are now online!

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default Personal Journals (aka Blogs) are now online!

Have you been looking for a better place to record information about your reefs, one that doesn't look like that soggy notepad by your tank?

You can now create yourself a personal journal or blog, or anything else you'd like to call it here on CR. They are very flexible and easily customized to suit your likes. Use them to record water tests, track livestock, write a novel, plan our your takeover of the animal kingdom, whatever your heart desires.

YOU can decide on your own permissions as to who can view your journal/blog, be it the world, just members, a list of friends, or keep it completely private.

To create your own blog automatically select the "My Blog Control Panel" link from the sliding nav bar on the left, additional controls can be found in the "Blog CP" on your blog page after it's created. Change colors, images, permissions, the works!

Enjoy!

The CR Staff
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

ereefic - Reefkeeper CR Member

Ok, this may seem like a silly question, but how on gods green earth do I get to the other options on the bottom of the 'site navigation' bar on the left side of the page? The last option I see is private messages and can't go any lower. HELP!!!!!

First Name
    Dave

Nope not silly at all, but now I understand why it bugged you before.... what resolution do you have your screen set to? I'm guessing around 800x600 or larger, that would cause what you described. When we built the site we pretty much set it up to display for higher resolutions since that is what most run 1024x768 being the average.

I reduced the font size for the menu items down for now, see if this helps you. Meanwhile I'll set about finding another solution for the menu to accomidate all better, as I;m certain the reduced size will cause issues for some, gotta find a happy medium somwhere along the line.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

First Name
    Dave

Ereefic, did changing the font size on the Nav bar help ya?

First Name
    Dave

The backend code has been modified a little to make the blogs a little more functional and render faster. Also added a couple of more ''templates", these will change the overall layout of your blog (options under Blog CP on your blog page), You can still customize it to your hearts content, just a new starting place.

Enjoy.

First Name
    Dave

Yet another template has been added for personal blogs has been added, this one named BigBlue. I think the name says it all....

First Name
    Dave

Think I now have all of the bugs worked out of the blogs and journals or whatever you want to call them.... finally realized that the image upload feature was broken...never thought to test it after the upgrade, working fine now... just remember you have to select the image you want to use, upload it, a box will appear under there giving you the code to insert into your blog entry so you can put he image anywhere you want.

What was that? You don't have a blog started yet? You don't listent o the radio or news? Blogs are the hottest thing int he world right now, last report I heard (last night actually) over 80% of the US population has one.

Don't pay any webhosting company or buy a domain name, we've already done it for you, so go back up to the first post in this thread and find out how to start yours today!

First Name
    Dave

Added 9 new templates to give your blog even more special character if you want it. Find them through the BLOG CP link on your blog page.

Enjoy.

First Name
    Dave

Another half a dozen or so more blog templates have been added to the system for averyone's use I might have to check with our daughter about a few of them... not 100% sure what they are based off of.... Wrong generation I guess.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

OK are the Bolgs gone for good [ I love my blog ]
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last