[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Regarding Quick Links-Who's Online Feature

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Default Regarding Quick Links-Who's Online Feature

It has come to our attention that people are relying on the "Who's Online" feature to find members, and also use it as a tracking device to see what certain users are doing in the forums. We've had folks come to us and say that a certain user was seen sitting on their UserCP for several hours. It generally is not the case at all. Please don't read anything into another member staying in one place to long, and using it as a way to track another member's usage practices is not a good idea. It leads to assumptions about other's who just may innocently be browsing about and forget to leave a certain page. There are browsers out there that allow you to work with Tabs (opening different pages at the same time in another window). Folks can have several tabs open, allowing them to follow a certain forum throughout the day, they may also have on open to private message people, maybe one to view UserCP, etc. Of course, the who's online feature can't list every place an individual may be at any certain time, so it picks one and that's where it stays until the user closes the tab or page. Be assured, there is no way that someone can change any of your personal information as CR makes certain that all our users are completely secure. I hope this helps those who have been concerned.
    Thanks Everyone!
    Your Administrators,
    Dakar & Angel
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~

I have to say that I have logged onto the site and gotten distracted, even leaving the house for hours, only to find later on that I have left a window open the entire time I was gone...
    I hope that I have not been the source of anyone's distress. If so, I most sincerely apologize. Everyone here has my word that I would never ever try to compromise the security of CR, my only online fishy home!!!

Sea~Horse~Whisperer - Reefkeeper CR Member

I too have opened pages and then got distracted. I think I've even had the "who's online" open for hours on end waiting to see if anyone is on that could join me in chat for a problem I was having at the time. Sorry

MedicMike - Reefkeeper CR Member

Well as long as anymore women dont stalk me i guess i can let this one go !! LOL j/k
    " I didn't get where I am today by dressing Like Peter Pan"

There's a "who's online" feature?
    120G Reef and 40B reef at work, 120G tank dry and dirty in the garage.

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

I guess i don't understand why other people need to track what other people are doing. why do the people who do this really matter...If I stay on a certein page what business is it of theirs anyway. I beleive that feature was put on here so we could locate our friends that are not in our buddy lists..what ever some people need to get a life if thats all they have to do is watch what page someone been on for an extended periord of time...I understand the moderators do this to maintain a level of perfessionalism within the forums but to why does it matter how long i was on a certein page.

I'm going to park a tab open on Bobby's profile for a couple days.

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

your dime do what you like

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Think some folks misunderstood and took this wrong.

It's not a problem to use the Who's Online...or leave it open for hours on end, electrons are cheap

Just don't rely on as being 100% accurate 100% of the time, it updates as cookies and sessions change but if you watch some accounts that may appear online jumping all over different areas of the board (particularly Angel's, mine and a few others specific to the board), we may or may not even be on the board, some accounts are just doing housekeeping and maintanence tasks and have to 'login' to do so so they may appear as 'online'.

That's all folks....
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

I struck a deal with dakar. It actually only costs me a nickel.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Tags for this Annoucement