[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

TOTM Nominations!

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Default TOTM Nominations!

Most of you have noticed the new TOTM Nomination icon on the left hand column on most forum pages. I believe we are now ready to try the system out. The following announcement is posted in the forum to provide guidelines for TOTM nominations. If you have any questions, please post them here and if warranted, I can make updates to the guidelines.

First and foremost, TOTM is meant to be fun! TOTM is not a contest, but rather a chance for CaptiveReefs (CR) to celebrate its members' hard work and success. These guidelines were developed to maintain consistency and integrity in the selection process. We may change these guidelines at any given time should it become necessary to make improvements in the process.

• You can nominate any CR member's tank that you like. You can either self nominate or nominate a fellow CR member's tank.

• To nominate a tank, create a thread in the TOTM Nomination Forum. Your nomination is anonymous. Threads created in the TOTM Nomination Forum are only viewable by CR moderators and admins.

• Your nomination should include four pictures, a brief description of the tank, and any links to posts in CR that should be considered.

• Once Nominations for TOTM are closed, the nominations are collated and posted in a private judges forum where the next TOTM is determined. Right now the judges consist of CR Staff and the previous 6 TOTM winners. Once we have attained 6 months worth of TOTM winners, CR staff will no longer be involved in the judging and it will solely be a rotation of previous winners picking the TOTM. (By rotating judges we hope to have a fresh flow of personalities and preferences to maintain diversity in the judging.)
      Note that CR Staff, mods, and admins are eligible to win TOTM. If they are nominated, they may not participate in the judging. The previous six winners of TOTM are not eligible for nomination due to their judging duties.

• Once a TOTM has been selected, the member will be notified via PM. They will have two weeks to provide a write-up and photos for their tank. Should we not be able to reach them within a week of notification, we will award the TOTM to the runner up and will hopefully be able to get the description and photos so that the TOTM can be posted in a timely manner.
    Last edited by jimsflies; 10-30-2009 at 09:54 PM.

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Jim is there a way we can add the edit feature back? For example I would like to fix some of my rambling and bambling!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I could...I wasn't sure if we wanted to allow after the fact editing or not. Any thoughts on whether there is a down side to allowing edits?

One question, which I haven't had a chance to verify, can you go in and reply to your own thread with another post?

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Good point, just want to be able to correct some amazing spelling and grammer.

Looks like I can....
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Default The TOTM feature is dependent on member participation.

You need to post description and pictures of your tank in the Member's Reef forum.

You also need to nominate TOTM candidates. The link on the left hand column takes you to the page to make your nomination which is confidential.

Here it is:
    [imglink]http://www.captivereefs.com/misc_images/totm-submission-icon.gif[/imglink]
    Last edited by jimsflies; 11-10-2009 at 11:45 PM.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

[IMGlink]http://www.captivereefs.com/forum/images/medals/totm-award.gif[/IMGlink]

We have selected our TOTM for December and will be announcing that shortly. However, we need to start nominating TOTM for January now. So if you know of a sweet tank or want to be considered, please use the nomination button on the left side column of each forum page to make your nomination.

Fishgeek88 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Sam

Wish I could take good pictures of my tanks

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Snap a few and post some tank details in the members reef area. When it comes time for tank of the month, we'll make arrangements for someone to take more pics.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

The calendar is winding down on December already and we don't have any nominations for TOTM. Big or small....hard or soft...any established tank that you think is deserving of TOTM use the TOTM Nomination button above also located on the side column of the forum, it's easy....so easy even a caveman can do it.

caveman relaxing - TOTM Nominations!
    Last edited by jimsflies; 12-20-2009 at 10:22 AM.

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Jim, looking pretty good in your pool!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last