| || || |
10-30-2009, 10:26 PM
Most of you have noticed the new TOTM Nomination icon on the left hand column on most forum pages. I believe we are now ready to try the system out. The following announcement is posted in the forum to provide guidelines for TOTM nominations. If you have any questions, please post them here and if warranted, I can make updates to the guidelines.
| First and foremost, TOTM is meant to be fun! TOTM is not a contest, but rather a chance for CaptiveReefs (CR) to celebrate its members' hard work and success. These guidelines were developed to maintain consistency and integrity in the selection process. We may change these guidelines at any given time should it become necessary to make improvements in the process. |
- You can nominate any CR member's tank that you like. You can either self nominate or nominate a fellow CR member's tank.
- To nominate a tank, create a thread in the TOTM Nomination Forum. Your nomination is anonymous. Threads created in the TOTM Nomination Forum are only viewable by CR moderators and admins.
- Your nomination should include four pictures, a brief description of the tank, and any links to posts in CR that should be considered.
- Once Nominations for TOTM are closed, the nominations are collated and posted in a private judges forum where the next TOTM is determined. Right now the judges consist of CR Staff and the previous 6 TOTM winners. Once we have attained 6 months worth of TOTM winners, CR staff will no longer be involved in the judging and it will solely be a rotation of previous winners picking the TOTM. (By rotating judges we hope to have a fresh flow of personalities and preferences to maintain diversity in the judging.)
Note that CR Staff, mods, and admins are eligible to win TOTM. If they are nominated, they may not participate in the judging. The previous six winners of TOTM are not eligible for nomination due to their judging duties.
- Once a TOTM has been selected, the member will be notified via PM. They will have two weeks to provide a write-up and photos for their tank. Should we not be able to reach them within a week of notification, we will award the TOTM to the runner up and will hopefully be able to get the description and photos so that the TOTM can be posted in a timely manner.
| || || |
Last edited by jimsflies; 10-30-2009 at 10:54 PM.