[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Results: Captive Reefs 2010 TOTY

Voters
73. Register or Login to Vote

2010 Tank Of The Year!!! sponsored by Bashsea!

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last

Very well said and I couldn't agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by vega15 View Post
    I was really happy to of been nominated and then win TOTM this year. Now that I see all of the past winners lined up here I have to say that I am blown away by them all!

I know that we have a great thing going here on Captive Reefs and it is awesome to see the community growing, sharing and working together. I know from personal experience that I would not have the wonderful ocean view in my basement that I do without the support of the many members and friends that I have made here on CR. You guys have been a huge help to me and I really do appreciate it!

So good luck to this years winners! We all have something to be proud of.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

If you want to be a TOTM or see one that you think should be considered, click on this link (found in a few places on CR) to nominate the tank.

[imglink]http://www.captivereefs.com/misc_images/totm-icon.jpg[/imglink]

We'll do this again next year and if you're one of the lucky few TOTM's you'll be in the running too!

igot2gats - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jeff

Just like Election Day...Get out here & vote, reefers!

It only takes a minute or two of your time...

vega15 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Anthony
    Awards Tank of the Month

Cool Thanks for the votes!

Lets keep it going guys!

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Only 36 votes? That's a pitiful particiaption rate!

Each one of these tanks is worthy, so pick your favorite and VOTE!

Tom

korndiddy20 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Mark

I agree, we need more people voteing. I really liked july 2010 but I dont like the blacked out background. For me that made me go in a different direction. I think if your going to be a tank of the month or tank of the year winner we should see the tank as is, no photo shopping. all of these tanks are awsome, way better then mine, lol. its hard to only pick one.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I'll take the blame for the photoshopping...when I get the pics and arrange the articles sometimes it just looks better to tweak or remove the backgrounds. There is a certain amount of creative editing that gets applied to TOTM articles to make them into more than the typical member tank thread. You can of course click on the member's tank thread in each of the articles to see the less edited versions.

Werdlone - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Tank of the Month

Hey Jim...could you do some photoshopping on my pictures!!! lol. I seriously need it My tanks' colors look pale in comparison to the other TOTM winners! Truly beautiful tanks guys. Honored to be in the running.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Werdlone View Post
    Hey Jim...could you do some photoshopping on my pictures!!! lol. I seriously need it My tanks' colors look pale in comparison to the other TOTM winners! Truly beautiful tanks guys. Honored to be in the running.
    LOL....I think I've gotten a little better over the last year. I agree you and timmyb may be at the biggest disadvantage in this contest because you were first and I was lower on the learning curve. In preparation for this TOTY contest, I went back through all the TOTM threads to bring them up to par with the current TOTM article formatting. But didn't do a lot with the photos themselves.

Skyhigh starting helping me around February with spiffing up the photos. He has helped me a lot with TOTM so a lot of credit (blame) goes to skyhigh too.

CR Member
    First Name
    Michelle
    Awards MBI Participant

Voted Good Luck!!

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 ... Last