To get in on this contest, members will need to purchase a contest frag pack for $50 (please send as a gift to avoid paypal fees) that consists of 4-5 polyp frags of the eight zoanthids in the photo above...more than 30 polyps total. Don't delay as the number of packs are limited.
If it wasn't enough that participants get an awesome deal on 8 colorful Z&P frags (more than 30 polyps total), participants will be competing for an opportunity to win an Inland ReefKeeper Saw with a MSRP of $284.95! Donated by Inland Hobby.
The contest rules are pretty simple:
1. Start a thread in the Grow Out Contest Forum. Be sure to select the "2011 Grow Out" subtopic when you create the thread.
2. Post updated photos of the frags progress at least once per month along with any dialog to document the number of polyps on each frag, system changes including water changes, bulb changes, dosing regime, fragging, etc.
3. Your system should be detailed in a Member's Reef thread so we know what type of flow, lighting, etc. you have.
4. The contest will run from September 25, 2011 to March 31, 2012.
5. The winner will be chosen by drawing a frag at random. The frag will be posted at the end of the contest and participants will need to submit their final count for that frag via pm along with photos. In the event of a tie, a second frag will be drawn and winners will have to submit counts and photos for that frag. It will be in your best interest, even if you only have one frag surviving to stick with the contest as that may be the counted.
If you reply to this thread you will see the email to send paypal. I'm doing this to avoid having the email get picked up by spambots. The quantity of packs is limited so please don't delay in sending payment to assure you have one.
Send Paypal for grow out to: email@example.com
If possible, please send it as a "gift" as our margin is real tight on the frag pack
When you send the payment be sure to include your CR username.
Also indicate that you will pick up at the A2 swap or whether you will pick up locally (downriver area), or need shipping. We will get back with you regarding shipping and have you send shipping payment separately.