[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

2011 Grow Out Contest - sponsored by Inland Hobby

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... Last
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Default 2011 Grow Out Contest - sponsored by Inland Hobby

To get in on this contest, members will need to purchase a contest frag pack for $50 (please send as a gift to avoid paypal fees) that consists of 4-5 polyp frags of the eight zoanthids in the photo above...more than 30 polyps total. Don't delay as the number of packs are limited.

If it wasn't enough that participants get an awesome deal on 8 colorful Z&P frags (more than 30 polyps total), participants will be competing for an opportunity to win an Inland ReefKeeper Saw with a MSRP of $284.95! Donated by Inland Hobby.

The contest rules are pretty simple:

1. Start a thread in the Grow Out Contest Forum. Be sure to select the "2011 Grow Out" subtopic when you create the thread.
    2. Post updated photos of the frags progress at least once per month along with any dialog to document the number of polyps on each frag, system changes including water changes, bulb changes, dosing regime, fragging, etc.
    3. Your system should be detailed in a Member's Reef thread so we know what type of flow, lighting, etc. you have.
    4. The contest will run from September 25, 2011 to March 31, 2012.
    5. The winner will be chosen by drawing a frag at random. The frag will be posted at the end of the contest and participants will need to submit their final count for that frag via pm along with photos. In the event of a tie, a second frag will be drawn and winners will have to submit counts and photos for that frag. It will be in your best interest, even if you only have one frag surviving to stick with the contest as that may be the counted.

Besides the awesome frag pack and the kick-butt grand prize, the winner receive a Grow Out King trophy which is added to his/her postbit as seen below:

If you reply to this thread you will see the email to send paypal. I'm doing this to avoid having the email get picked up by spambots. The quantity of packs is limited so please don't delay in sending payment to assure you have one.

Send Paypal for grow out to: growout@captivereefs.com

If possible, please send it as a "gift" as our margin is real tight on the frag pack

When you send the payment be sure to include your CR username.

Also indicate that you will pick up at the A2 swap or whether you will pick up locally (downriver area), or need shipping. We will get back with you regarding shipping and have you send shipping payment separately.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jimsflies; 10-03-2011 at 10:16 AM.
    Likes thefishgirl liked this post

CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Count me in - I'm going to learn how to grow Zoas if it's the last thing I do
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

Jstadler - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    John

Jim. I'd like to get in on this, what is the cost of participation?

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jstadler View Post
    Jim. I'd like to get in on this, what is the cost of participation?
    $50 for the frag pack.

Jstadler - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    John

That's in my budget. I'd like to give it a try. The only question is which tank am I gonna put them in.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

estanoche - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Joanne
    Awards Tank of the Month - March 2012 Tank of the Month

Wow! What a neat contest I want to play too.... guess that also means I need to get off my butt and start a tank thread now too so ya know whats in my tank haha
    SAY NO TO FISH STICKS - Put screened and vented lids on your tanks, and save your wrasse

Current tank: 80 Gal XXL Reef & 25 Gal Cube QT

Friend me up on FB too!
    50201061558882069332143 - 2011 Grow Out Contest - sponsored by Inland Hobby
    Likes jimsflies liked this post

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jstadler View Post
    That's in my budget. I'd like to give it a try. The only question is which tank am I gonna put them in.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    If we have enough packs to have any left over, there is also a possibility to get a second pack to enter both tanks. That can be a neat thing because it gives you a true comparison between your systems.

These contests have a secondary goal, assuming everyone does their updates, of providing information to the reefing community regarding how well various methods and equipment work to grow zoanthids and palys. For example last year's contest was won by @jolson10450 with LED lighting which helped me make the decision to try LEDs on my tank.

BTW- This contest is open to all to enter...including mods, admins, team cr, etc.

MizTanks - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Jamie
    Awards Photo of the Month - October 2012 Photo of the Month Post and Reply Award - Winner of the first PAR Contest. Monthly Giveaway Winner

$50+ what's shipping?
    There's nothing like being a Reefer! www.upmmas.com

CR Member

+1^ great contest

bigbill - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bill
    Awards Grow Out King - 2011 Grow Out Contest Photo of the Month MBI Participant

count me in
    I have no fear of losing my life - if I have to save a koala or a crocodile or a kangaroo or a snake, mate, I will save it.
    Steve Irwin
    mbisite.org/mbi_sig.aspx?u=bigbill&img=2

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... Last