The photo contest this month is COLORS. The idea here is that any livestock you have that has 3 or more colors can be entered into the COLORS photo contest. The photo submitted should be primarily of one animal (fish, coral, or invert) which has multiple colors (as opposed to several different colonies grouped together).
You may enter up to 3 photos!
This month's prize is a $50 gift certificate donated by Cherry Corals.
The winner will also have a golden camera award placed in his or her postbit and will be featured on the CR. The winner will also serve as a judge for the next two photo contests.
The last day to submit photos is July 15, 2012.
Instructions to Enter
1. Photo must be posted here in this thread. (Although not required this month, please aslo add your entry to the Coral Collector, Fish Finder, or Invert Index...doing so helps us build our database and gives us some fresh color for the slideshow on the homepage.)
2. You can multiple times with different morphs/species.
3. The photo must be your own.
4. Try to submit a photo that is 800x600 resolution.
5. The previous two (2) POTM winners are ineligible to win.
- If you want a little more information on how to add your corals to one of the showcase forums, here is a tutorial.
- Submitting a photo entry is acknowledgment that it may be modified and used for future site graphics on CR with credit given to the owner.
- Please retain higher resolution versions of your photos. We may need a higher resolution shot to make them work with the site graphics after the contest.
Selection of the Winning Photo
The semi-finalists will be selected by jimsflies and the previous two POTM winners. Semi-finalists will be posted for the general membership to vote on their favorite. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be reposted for a tie breaking vote with the general membership. Photos will be judged on topic, composition, and quality.