[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Enter the July POTM Contest sponsored by The Blue Glow

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... Last
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Default Enter the July POTM Contest sponsored by The Blue Glow

July's Photo of the Month topic is "Show Your Glow". Your asking yourself...what is "Show Your Glow"? We thought it would be fun to run a contest in the spirit of The Blue Glow's motto. Here is their motto which I think will make it a little easier to understand what we are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Glow's website
    At some point every reefkeeper has the experience of driving by a home and noticing the tell tale "Blue Glow" emanating from the family room window. The glow that says "A reefkeeper lives here". At that moment one feels a certain joy, a bond is created, a connection is made. One comes to teh realization that within those walls resides a kindered spirit, a fellow guardian of the "Blue Glow".
    [coverattach=1]In otherwords, the Glow we are talking about showing refers to that light eminating from your house window...or room of your house if you don't have a window in your tank room. Or any other creative photo that shows off your reefing glow. Also, for this contest if you want to apply some post-photo editing to further enhance the artistic appeal of your photo feel free.

Post your best shot and win one of the Blue Glow's sweet new Infinity series racks (see photo)!

POTM rules are as follows:

1. You may enter ONE photo.
    2. Your photo entry MUST be uploaded in your User Album.
    3. After uploading in your Album you must post it here....use the img tags to link it from your album.

4. The contest will close on the last day of the month.
    5. The winner will be chosen by CR Staff or designated judges.
    6. The winning photo will be featured on the CaptiveReefs' homepage next month.
    7. Submitting a photo entry is acknowledgment that it may be modified and used for future site graphics on CR...with credit given to the owner.

No code has to be inserted here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jimsflies; 07-08-2010 at 09:15 AM.

Myteemouse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Tank of the Month

BUMMER my lights go out before it gets dark outside this time of year..
    I can turn them back on but really??
    This topic should be done in the winter..
    I guess I'm staying up late tonight.
    President of Zoaholics anonymous.
    still on first step of twelve

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

well i'll be the first person to step up to the plate. once again taken with my camera phone under my super powered blue led spot light i borrowed from work =)

my whammin watermellons (thats what they were sold to me as but look like eagle eyes)

picturephp?albumid100&amppictureid567 - Enter the July POTM Contest sponsored by The Blue Glow

Werdlone - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Awards Tank of the Month

I think they are looking for a picture of your tank from an outside window, or a picture of the glow of your tank outside your house. Myteemouse, you may have to turn your lights on for a couple minutes to get the pic...I don't think it will hurt your reef, but that is totally up to you. My shot will be a glow from a basement window. My neighbors joke that I have a Kmart blue light special going everynight.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Werdlone View Post
    I think they are looking for a picture of your tank from an outside window, or a picture of the glow of your tank outside your house. Myteemouse, you may have to turn your lights on for a couple minutes to get the pic...I don't think it will hurt your reef, but that is totally up to you. My shot will be a glow from a basement window. My neighbors joke that I have a Kmart blue light special going everynight.
    Andy - You are correct. Either you can submit a photo showing the glow eminating from your tank from outside a window or you can be creative and submit another photo showing your glow especially if your tank is located in a room with no window, etc. Justin's qualifies since it has a "glowing" quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Myteemouse View Post
    BUMMER my lights go out before it gets dark outside this time of year..
    I can turn them back on but really??
    This topic should be done in the winter..
    I guess I'm staying up late tonight.
    And see, I thought summer would be easier since it's nice outside...if we did this in the winter, someone would complain about it being too cold to go out and take a picture. Now stop your whining and show us your glow. I think turning on the acintinics for 5 minutes is worth it to win one of the Blue Glow's awesome frag racks.
    Last edited by jimsflies; 07-08-2010 at 06:20 AM.

jolson10450 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Justin
    Awards Grow Out King Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner

it is hard to get mine form outside because it is on the 2nd story of my house and i have perminant blinds on that window and a window AC to help keep the tank cool (on top of central air, added an addition to the house and never upgraded a/c units lol)

so im glad to see mine qualifies.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I'm surprised we haven't had more entries for this one....it might be the easiest photo contest to date...turn on your actinics and shoot a photo showing the glow coming out of the window.

Don't you guys have glow?

Skyhigh - Reefkeeper

First Name
    Bryan
    Awards Photo of the Month - June 2012 Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Photo of the Month Referral Award Photo of the Month

i will get mine dont you worry!!!!!!!

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

I might be able to get mine done tonight!

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

Default Heres mine-

picturephp?albumid76&amppictureid585 - Enter the July POTM Contest sponsored by The Blue Glow

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... Last