[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Fall Photo Contest

Bookmark and Share
Page 10 of 10 First ... 8 9 10

You can post a new photo up to once per day

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Dmmz View Post
    Should be disqualified for multiple post on same day throws off random draw to be fair
    You are correct...when multiple posts where made on the same day, only the first post counts. In the event of the random number picking subsequent posts, a new random number is chosen until a post is picked that meets the qualifications of the contest. Members are welcome to post replies in this tread as well...but replies if chosen in the random draw won't count (unless its the first post from that member that day and also includes a photo).

I use the site random.org to pick the random number...then verify that post meets the contest rules.

Hopefully that clears it up.

LOL so you don't have to follow the rules why make them it still would cost the person next the win because if he didn't post you would not need to get a new number lame

I will be wrong and a crybaby for following the rules and think it is wrong how you did it I should just shut up and let things go just don't understand how not doing it right gets rewarded it is my wrong thinking

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by MizTanks View Post
    Congrats Chuck!!! Awesome pic for sure
    Thanks Jamie

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

LOL so you don't have to follow the rules why make them it still would cost the person next the win because if he didn't post you would not need to get a new number lame
    The goal of the contest is to gain more activity here on CR. If I delete posts or tell people they can't reply, it sort of defeats our goal of doing the contest in the first place, no?

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

I will be wrong and a crybaby for following the rules and think it is wrong how you did it I should just shut up and let things go just don't understand how not doing it right gets rewarded it is my wrong thinking

Just to be clear how the random post is picked...every post has a number...in this case post 78 was picked. I am looking at that post to make sure it met the rules before announcing it as the winner. I'm not sorting through the entire thread to find the 78th valid post....if the post number doesn't qualify, I redo the random number and check that one until I find a winner.

I will look at the rules before we do another one and attempt to make it more clear that you can reply as many times as you want...but only the first photo post of the day will be entered into the drawing. I will also attempt to clarify the random post number rather than the "xth post" is the winner.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    Just to be clear how the random post is picked...every post has a number...in this case post 78 was picked. I am looking at that post to make sure it met the rules before announcing it as the winner. I'm not sorting through the entire thread to find the 78th valid post....if the post number doesn't qualify, I redo the random number and check that one until I find a winner.

I will look at the rules before we do another one and attempt to make it more clear that you can reply as many times as you want...but only the first photo post of the day will be entered into the drawing. I will also attempt to clarify the random post number rather than the "xth post" is the winner.
    Jim,
    We have not seen the TDS meter yet. If you have not sent it yet,please go ahead and put it on the wheel for the Lansing swap. We will not be attending the swap,so good luck to everyone who spins the wheel. The Mrs and I unfourtanetly will be diving and if all goes well with the interview,moving to Aruba or Bonaire!! Dang it!!

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Thanks for the offer.... I was holding it to give it to you at the swap. Interview? Aruba? what?

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    Thanks for the offer.... I was holding it to give it to you at the swap. Interview? Aruba? what?
    Sent you a PM about it

Page 10 of 10 First ... 8 9 10