Once again going with a seasonal topic. Thanks to Rabidgoose for this months topic This month the photo contest topic is Peace on Earth....symbiotic relationships or mutually advantageous unions with marine animals. So lets see those clowns/anemones, shrimp/gobies, and anything other cool symbiotic marine creatures. Please note the rules have changed this month!
The winner will receive $50 livestock gift certificate to Amazon Stingrays good for fish, coral, or inverts. The winner will have a golden camera award placed in his or her postbit. Also, the winning photo will be featured on the CR homepage. The winner will also serve as a judge for the next two photo contests.
Do not post your photos in this thread! Use the Contest Entry button below:
1. Photos must be submitted using the Contest Entry Form. Photos will then be posted anonymously to make the contest more fair.
2. You can enter only ONE photo (unless specific contest rules state otherwise).
3. The submitted photo should be at least 640x480 resolution.
4. The photo must be your own. 5. Your photo entries MUST be uploaded in your User Album.
6. You must provide the link the image to your user album the image in the submission form.
7. You may also host the image on any server (e.g., photobucket). It has been noted that quality may less on the images hosted in the CR Albums. If you want the image on photobucket to be the one judged, you can include it in the submission form and it will be used instead of the CR Album photo.
8. The last day to submit your entry for the current contest is the last day of the month.
9. The previous two (2) POTM winners are inelgible to win again.
**Submitting a photo entry is acknowledgment that it may be modified and used for future site graphics on CR with credit given to the owner.
**Please retain higher resolution versions of your photos. We may need a higher resolution shot to make them work with the site graphics after the contest.
Based on the number of entries submitted, a number of semi-finalists (10% of the entries will be semi-finalists) will be selected by jimsflies and the previous two POTM winners. Semi-finalalists will be posted for the general membership to vote on their favorite. In the event of a tie, the tied entries will be reposted for a tie breaking vote with the general membership. Should we receive 10 or less entries, the judging panel will decide the winner.
woww that first one is sweet. i dont even want to enter now haha jk! i will get a picture soon i promise! i tried this weekend! i want to catch my clowns in my toadstool rather than their anemone to stir up some variety.
If you are interested in learning about reefkeeping or have a problem with your reef, our reefkeeping community is here to help. Feel free to ask a question or search our site. We have lots of experienced reefkeepers that are willing to provide free reefkeeping advice!
Besides being a great resource for all levels of reef aquarium hobbyists, CaptiveReefs is a social experience that will enhance your enjoyment of reefkeeping. CaptiveReefs is committed to connecting reefkeepers with the support and information they need to grow beautiful coral reef aquariums.