[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

What is your favorite thing about reefing? - win tix to Midwest Marine Conference

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Default What is your favorite thing about reefing? - win tix to Midwest Marine Conference

Win tickets to the upcoming Midwest Marine Conference on November 5, 2011!

Post in this thread your favorite thing about reefing and why! Must be a complete post with 50 characters or more!

Winner will be chosen via random drawing from the qualifying posts. You have till November 1, 2011 to qualify for the drawing!

BTW- Even if you know you can't go to MMC, I still would like to read your favorite thing about reefing. So please still reply..if you know you can't go, just mention it in the thread.

More information on the conference...click the graphic:

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by jimsflies; 10-24-2011 at 03:41 PM.

dlhirst - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Don

Just watching everything grow! I can sit in front of the tank for dozens of minutes at a time just watching the motion of the corals, the interaction between the other animals in the tank, the flow of the water, even the micro bubbles which I should probably consider a nuisance...

I bet five minutes in front of the tank lowers my blood pressure by ten points, top and bottom, maybe even more.

(Don't include me in the random drawing, I wouldn't use the ticket. But, I did want to post this anyway!)

CR Member
    First Name
    Chuck

I honestly love the people in the hobby, I haven't met a better group of people. There are always people that are great to catch up with at the swaps.

redemer123 - Reefkeeper
    Graphic Designer

First Name
    Andrew

My favorite thing about reefing is just being able to pull out the computer chair and sit right in front of my tank and stare at what i've been working on for the last year of my life.
    It takes a long long time to build a coral reef. Step by step the reefs survive on partnerships. And the most important partners are you and I.

CR Member
    First Name
    John

I guess my favorite things about this hobby are the friends I've meet on the chat here and most certainly in person. Swaps, meetings, chat here or just stopping by someone's house to pick up a new addition, great folks for sure. There is always the hunt for the new addition for sure. More and more cool stuff is surfacing.

larryandlaura - Reefkeeper
    Team CR

First Name
    Larry
    Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner Fantasy Football Champion Referral Award Monthly Giveaway Winner

My favorite thing about reefing would be it bringing the family together. Its educational and entertaining. It's a great hobby for the kids to learn chemistry and biology. Then kicking back and enjoying the pure beauty of the reef.
    Hi my name is Larry and I'm a coral addict!

CR Member
    First Name
    Matt

Well I quite like that it reminds me of my days of SCUBA diving. It was so fun swimming with sharks and rays, and I've been looking for a brain coral like ones I've seen in Florida even though I don't have a tank big enough as they were spherical and up to my knee in size!

kev2me - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Kevin
    Awards Photo of the Month Photo of the Month

There's so many things to enjoy. But to pick one, I guess I would say the growing out part. It feels like I'm a gardener and my flowers are underwater. Of course the corals do 100x better than any plants we can get going outside

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Come on guys! This isn't an essay contest... just post what you like about reefing and have a chance to win.

CR Member
    First Name
    mike

Default what I like about reefing

the main thing that I have liked about reefing is first the lion fish! I have always thought that this fish is the absolute most beautiful fish. I would even have one in my reef right now if they would not eat anything that was smaller than their mouths! Either way this fish is one of the most beautiful fish to me. Now after the reefing and growing corals I have found a fish that i find just as memorizing as the lion fish and that is the clown fish. I like the hybrid clowns and love my black perc and my blackice snowflake. I got these two because I think that the most awesome thing in the ocean is clown fish in an anemone. For the longest time my clowns would not go near my anemone until i was just about to get different clowns then they went into the anemone. looks like I will be keeping my clowns after all and watching them is MY favorite part of reefing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last