[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Alternative to Marine Sealer

Bookmark and Share
    ETBReefer05 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Eric

Default Alternative to Marine Sealer

I ran across this product on the internet and I think this would be a good alternative to many of the wood sealants we use in the hobby, basically, this product is Hydrophobic and Lipophibic in nature (repels water and oils), it can be sprayed or painted onto almost any surface and makes that surface repel water and oils. It has an application for both a sealant and a water repellent. I'm thinking that you could treat any wood stands/canopies that you own, but you could also treat carpeting around your tank to avoid small spills. Obviously, a tank leak would still cause the water to run to somewhere where your carpet wasn't treated, but it could prevent a small splash from water changes, soaking into your carpet! Here's a quote from the manufacturer, NeverWet™ coatings have remained under seawater for over a year and reemerged completely dry." This would be a cool product to have if you're wanting to seal your wood or even metal stand.
    NeverWet by Rustoleum

woods4542000 - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    mike

I watched some YouTube videos on it , they say it works long enough to take a video.