[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

58 gallon custom stand and canopy

Bookmark and Share

Default 58 gallon custom stand and canopy

I started out with one of those Oceanic Stands, but when I got it home I was not happy with it at all. Their stand seemed to weak to me. So I went to Home Depot and $105.00 later this is what I came up with. Much cheaper and stronger than the $281.00 reef stand by Oceanic. I know it is a little over built!

dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Looks like some very nice work. I've always been partial to just regular old pine, it has so much more character. Nothing can beat the pride of knowing you built it yourself. Not to mention the ability to sleep at night knowing that it will not be interupted by a huge crash and splash. Most of the commercially built stands are constructed to the barest specs, but I don't know that they take frequently getting wet and stuff into account. I'd rather have it way overbuilt and know it will be there after a small nuclear blast than worry about it collapsing.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Default Pine is the best!

I agree, you can't beat good old grade 2 pine. Cost is low and quality is high! Thanks for the compliment. I have been working with wood since the 7th grade! I am 35 now and I still love to build my own things! I put 5 coats of honey pine stain with poly in it, just in case I get any water on it, and you know that happens! Thanks!

Reef_Angel - Reefkeeper CR Member

Very pretty! It adds a beautiful piece of furniture to your house at the same time with a lovely reef to come!! Great job!! Homemade is bestmade!!
    Have a Wonderful Day on the Reef!
    :angel07:...Reef_Angel
    Owner/Administrator

**If you have a need to phone me,
    PM me and we can arrange for a chat!

~*
    Angels do a lot of things, but they will not take away your free will or the lessons you are here on earth to learn.*~