[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

diy led info. high power and 12volt strips

Bookmark and Share
    CR Member

Default diy led info. high power and 12volt strips

i tend to jump right in and find people smarter than me to keep me from doing to much damage. over the last 4 months ive bought a lot of 12 volt led strip lights{automotive type}. they are protected ( in groups of 3s) with [B][I][U]current limiting resistors, remember that.
    and due to the lumens put out by different colors at the same power LEVEL take that in to consideration.
    in my top i have a lot going on;
    # OF SWITCHES QUANITY AND TYPE
    2S 2 250watt mh 10k junk light and a 14k
    1S 1 96 watt cp 10k
    1S 1 96 watt cp asinitic
    1S 4 36" royal blue LED strips
    3S 3 12" clear LED strips
    1S 2 24" red " " "
    1S 2 12" red " " "
    1S 1 24" orange " "
    1S 1 12" BRIGHT BLUE "
    1S 10 individual LED moon lights
    1S 1 fan to keep it all cool.
    one thing to remember about leds they give you a voltage range they will operate at,OPERATE AT THE MINIMUM VOLTAGE. IF ALL LEDS ARE LIT, THEY WILL NOT GET ANY BRIGHTER, ALL EXTRA POWER WE BE BURNED OF AS HEAT IN THE CURRENT LIMITING RESISTORS AND THEY WILL GET HOT

on another tank i was using a 400watt 20k mh. i replaced the bulb 4 months ago with the wrong one,an icecap 250watt 20k mh. there is nothing about the light that would make you think its 20k and its damn bright. brighter than any light i have ever had in there. any one else do this and what were your results.

CR Member

some how all info on the high power LEDs didnt make it. .another day on 10,20,30 and 50 watt LEDs.