[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Gorilla Glue

Bookmark and Share
    dakar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Dave

Default Gorilla Glue

Okay just a tip for you DIY'ers, I've been seeing the advertisments in my woodworking mags for a long time now and finally bought a little bottle of Gorilla Glue ($7 for a little bottle (maybe 6oz??)), anyhow I set up to joints to be glued for the canopy for the wall tank and for a change did the RTFM thing, dampened one edge, ran a thin bead down one side and clamped them up good and tight. Also set up a test piece to try and break later.. nothing too fancy, just some pine.

Holey Smokes is that stuff tuff!!! only let it set up for 3 hours and destroyed both of the boards glued to pieces trying to break the bond... the only thing that was left was where it was glued up. Sorry to say regular carpenter's wood glue would have let go without at least a couple days setup time or more.

If you want things stuck together, looks like this stuff really rocks! Kind of different, it expands as it cures, like great stuff does when you first shoot it.
    Every electronic device is manufactured with smoke stored deep inside... only a true genius can find a way to set it free.

Whoyah - Reefkeeper CR Member

Thanks for the info. I have always seen it but never bought it. I will have to try it now.

CR Member

It's also available at Mendards.
    I picked some up and put a chair together with it. Talk about a rock solid chair. No creaks, no wggles, just solid.
    I agree Ithink I would break the wood up before it let go.
    Just as a caution, make sure you clamp yoru pieces. It will expand and ooze out the seam and it's a pita to clean up.

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

not that impressed with it. i used it on 2 items and neiter held. The one item was a childs shovel but it failed afetr a day of the kid useing it. I even let it set up an extra day.
    check this girl out she is a great singer

http://myspace.com/nicolejamesmusic