[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

ELECTRICAL ADVICE???

Bookmark and Share
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    graphixx - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Greg

JAY!!! Congrats on the house again buddy. You have to let me know when you get all settled in and me and the wife will come up and visit. I was actually in fielding last weekend (dont yell at me for not coming to see you) I was a pretty quick trip to see family. but when you get moved in we will come up and see the house.
    fulltankshot 1 - ELECTRICAL ADVICE???

HE WON'T YELL AT YOU BUT I WILL!!
    WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?

Sparky - Reefkeeper CR Member

The neutral has to bond at the first point of diconnect. I would do a service up grade and get rid of your old fuse box. It will add to the value of your home if you go from a 100 amp fuse box to a 200 amp breaker panel. In WI a service up grade runs any where from $1200-$2500. depending on what all needs to be done. I don't know how strong you housing market is but around here people are working some good deals. Have you had the house inspected? See if you can get the owner to pay for the up grade to bring the house up to code.

jerryc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Quote Originally Posted by flhrci View Post
    The neutral has to bond at the first point of diconnect. I would do a service up grade and get rid of your old fuse box. It will add to the value of your home if you go from a 100 amp fuse box to a 200 amp breaker panel. In WI a service up grade runs any where from $1200-$2500. depending on what all needs to be done. I don't know how strong you housing market is but around here people are working some good deals. Have you had the house inspected? See if you can get the owner to pay for the up grade to bring the house up to code.
    I need to move to your location we get from 800 to 1800 to do the
    same hear.
    I HAVE A PROBLEM' I'M ADDICTED TO MICROMUSSA

RazorBack Reef. com
    keepersofthereef.com
    http://www.captivereefing.ws/weblog.php?w=7

carpenterwrasse - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    George

i paid a union buddy 600 to upgrade mine to 200 amps here in pa
    check this girl out she is a great singer

http://myspace.com/nicolejamesmusic

Sparky - Reefkeeper CR Member

you got a good deal!!! and have a good budy!!!! In the madison WI area you can well over a 1200 for a 200 upgrade depending on if it's over head or underground

Iconz - Reefkeeper CR Member

If it were me, I'd either get the upgrade done, just as the others have said. It provides your whole house with MUCH better saftey. I also would spend the extra 70 bucks and run a seperate circuit to where your tank is going to be, and also put arc fault breakers in the panel. I just hope your house has either attic access or a crawl-space access...

Btw... I'm in the process of going through certification classes for home inspecting here in GA... It sounds like there are a couple of other qualified ppl here as well...

If you're spending 2000 + on a tank, spend less than that to get your entire house upgraded, IMO.

Reptoreef - Reefkeeper CR Member

I'm spending only $50 for the upgrade.... I've been getting in on good deals and now the time has come to get the tank... $50 from another reefer junkie.
    There's nowhere else I'ld rather be... unless, of course, you're buying

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2