[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

going 100% led

Bookmark and Share
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    AJ :) - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    aj

Very cool build! I need to get on the LED wagon!

motorcityreefs - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    brandon

Chuck aka binford4000 came over on sunday and helped me get some readings of the light out put of these led and everything is up to par. lol

the top of the tank is at about 500, the mibble is at about 200, and the bottom is about 90.

some pics of the corals with just the blues on.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Likes binford4000 liked this post

First Name
    brandon

more pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Motor City Reefs: The tank looks really great!

I have a friend expirementing with the 50 watt LED chips (4300k) and yes they are very yellow, but I like what you did to get the right balance. But for him, even more problematic with the beaming. These things were like a beam! Very directional. What did you do to get some spread? IS the PAR readings the same across the tank, or do they vary by whether the reading it taken from directly under the chip?

Chuck: would love to borrow your light meter some time! Got plenty of LEDs to test!

- PJR

Mixed reef: 6' wide 130g, driven by 100% LEDs by Sunbrite, and stuffed with SPS, chalices, other LPS, and a few softies.
    Blog: PJR's Reef
    Detroit's oldest large LED tank! Est'd Jan 2005, went LED June 2009. 6' wide 130g reef, Sunbrite T10 LED tubes (3xGen 3 and 1xGen 1), mostly SPS, but chalices, other LPS, and a few softies too.
    http://pjr-reef.blogspot.com/

First Name
    brandon

All leds are directional by them self but if you place them in groups thay seam to balance out, plus no lenses are on my setup, lenses made my setup worse. Maybe if i add more leds to my setup i will try to add the lenses back to see if thay will work but for know i am leaving the off.

Corvette Reefer - Reefkeeper CR Member

wow those are awesome!!!!!! what power supply are u using for it all?
    The names Vette, Corvette. . .

First Name
    brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette Reefer View Post
    wow those are awesome!!!!!! what power supply are u using for it all?
    For the 10 watt blues the driver specifications are, input voltage ac 85-265v, output voltage 10-12v, output current 1000ma-1500ma. For the 100 watt 6500k driver specifications, input voltage 110-265v ac, output voltage 30-36v and current is 2500-2800ma.

binford4000 - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Old man
    Awards Tank of the Month - May 2012 Tank of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by motorcityreefs View Post
    For the 10 watt blues the driver specifications are, input voltage ac 85-265v, output voltage 10-12v, output current 1000ma-1500ma. For the 100 watt 6500k driver specifications, input voltage 110-265v ac, output voltage 30-36v and current is 2500-2800ma.
    you really need to show that monster box you built for all the power supply.Nothing wrong with showing off a first class job. Still waiting over here for my Led's if your wondering.Did you get the UV's yet.I'm thinking about trying the stunner uv's with the AI's. What's your take on those?

CR Member

Hey i am still in the gathering stages, havent even set up my first salt water tank yet. I was just wondering where you purchased the raw materials for this project. I am hoping to run as efficient as possible and as far as i know LED is the way to go. Just wanted to do a little homework on it.

I know its probaly not recommended for a newbie but thought its worth learning more about.
    Your tanks very impressive i would like to visit your bar.
    -Andrew

CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Beautiful build Motorcity! What species of Cat is that? Can you share your acclimation process?
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last