[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Looking for info On making an Overlow box

Bookmark and Share
    Pat-O - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Patrick

Default Looking for info On making an Overlow box

I would like to create an overflow box that will go to a wet dry filter or a sump/ fuge. I have been looking on info or instructions on how to create an over flow box and how it works. I have been looking into HOB skimmers but I am thinking it would be more beneficial to create a over flow to sump to put a skimmer in. I have been looking online and havent seen the exact info I am looking for. Any help/info is appreciated!

bluwc - Reefkeeper CR Member

Complete Overflow Kits - Glass-Holes.com dope aquarium stuff has some nice kits.

I would ditch the wet/dry sump though and just do a sump/fuge and get an in sump skimmer.

jstan - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Jason

My buddy had a glass holes overflow, it rocked. Just make sure your tank isn't made of tempered glass before you go to cut the holes out for the plumbing. Otherwise bad things will happen if it's tempered glass and you try to drill it.

Jason's phone

First Name
    Patrick

My tank is not drilled and I don't want to drill it I would like to learn how to make the overflow box for which you don't have to drill. This i the idea.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...&ie=UTF-8&tbm=

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

Aqueon ProFlex 400 Hang-On Overflow Box
    is what the link should have went to. This is what I mean a lot of people make there own though

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

Here is some information. I found it by Googling "DIY acrylic overflow". The search provides a number of hits.

DIY Overflow Box

HTH and good luck,
    Tom

PS. What size tank are you putting this on, how many GPH are you looking to move, and when do you need it? I will have a used CPR CS50 Hang-on-back overflow available in the next month or two (once I upgrade tanks).

First Name
    Patrick

My tanks a sixty gallon and im not sure about the gph I have a fluval g3 running right now and the tank is doing good I would like to get one asap but I don't need one right away the only reason I want to go into it more quickly is I have no skimmer running.

rcombs - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rickie

Tom@haslettMI= i am interested in the hob overflow if no one else is. what all does it come with

petercar - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    larry

Quote Originally Posted by rcombs View Post
    Tom@haslettMI= i am interested in the hob overflow if no one else is. what all does it come with
    i bought a new cpr cs 100 hob overflow to run down to my sump that has a in sump skimmer it only needs a aqualifter pump which comes with the overflow